Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2007, 09:58 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklmo View Post
bitsetting ??
It allows you to change a DVD+R/DVD+RW to DVD-ROM format so it'll read in any DVD player ever made ...

When you burn movies for other people, it takes all the guesswork out ...
Old June 10, 2007, 03:42 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

ok, but if i'm not looking to burn movies for other ppl, then i needn't be concerned about bitsetting. right?
i want the sata for cable mangement. and right now my dvd is the stock cd/dvd that came with my IBM Net Vista.
don't laugh too hard guys, it's served me well
back on point, i can play dvd's on it, it just will not read any dvd copies of any games. i brought BF2 back to the store twice and demanded replacement copies in the same day before i got the cd version. (not so lucky on B.I.A. though). like i said, no frills.
gonna check out the samsung later in the week at my local shop Mega PC.com - Ventes et service d'ordinateurs - Computer sales and service and see what else they say. hoping to see and hear one in action.
thnx again
Old December 6, 2007, 08:17 PM
Top Prospect

one of the best drives out atm: NCIX.com - Buy LG GSA-H62N SATA DVD+RW 18X8X16 DVD-RW 18X6X16 DL 10X Black OEM DVD Writer W/ SW - GSA-H62N BLACK In Canada.

its SATA also, so less clutter in your case...