Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default scsi drives in my pc.

i have 15 scsi hdd's sitting in my room and i want to know if there is anyway i can put them in my daily rig. i have the sever's they came out of sitting on my floor but im missing the hotswap trays to make them work. if any one knows how to do this please let me know. i wana play around with raid.
Old March 9, 2009, 10:48 PM

My System Specs

Do you have a SCSI controller? And what drives are they? If they are anything less than U320 150GB+ drives I wouldn't bother as they'll be quite slow. And if you don't have a controller, don't bother either. A decent RAID controller is going to be expensive, definitely a PCIe one otherwise you'll be limited to the ~ 133MB/s that the PCI bus is limited too.

If you have a card, then it won't be that hard to setup. As long as you have proper cables w/ termination and as long as your motherboard is able to post fully.