Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Bought it from FS about 8 months ago.....no reciept...jewel Case thats it...not gonna sweat over it now, however, would be interested to see if a "new" disc would work. As I said earlier, my 17 yr old son borrowed it and installed on his Laptop, I got it back and it did work prior to my Case swap out / re-install OS....anyhoo..whatever..its one game....if I get another and the same thing happens I'll really be pulling my hair out!!

Old November 29, 2008, 01:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Hey there dude,

I remember going though this stuff when F.E.A.R had first came out. They had a solution to the problem though...

I had to generate a Analysis file and sent it to SecuROM, they then sent me a replacement file for one of the games original files which resolved the problem.

Check this out, solution 8 at the bottom is the one I am explaining (This was for F.E.A.R. though) -> Answer for this problem found through support at Activision.
Old December 8, 2008, 11:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This is a serious "flaw" with the 780i Boards ...tons of folks w issues re: Optical Drive BSOD's and non-functional SATA burners. I recently tried my ImageBurn Program and will not burn with the SATA drive as well. It will read n rip fine, but no burny, have to burn on my IDE Drive :(
Nothing from nVidia as far as a fix goes...some Boards affected, some not! Damn!!