Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22, 2008, 12:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Before you set it to disabled thou can you write down what options "SATA x Primary/Secondary" give when you go under them (inside the RAID Config" menu)?
RAID was already set to "Disabled".......didn't notice any options at all beside each SATA "#" (0 thru 6), anyhow, thanks for your help Chilly....strange eh...every now n then I get the same "error" "Cannot find DVD ROPM yada yada yada" with COD WaW, right now it all seems fine now that I've again swapped the SATA Controller Cable to a different Port, BUT COD4 will not run on this DVD Drive, simple as that, and yet prior to my transferring all Hardware to my Silverstone, installing new SATA Raptor and re-installing OS onto the Raptor Drive it worked fine....????
Computers eh......and how about those Canucks (n Leafs)....TO just may have Burke coming....worst thing Vancouver did was get rid of Burke!!!
Anyhow, thanksfor your help Chilly, I've pretty much run out of ideas!!! The only other thing I can think to try is to uninstall my nForce Drivers and install the original Drivers that came on a disc with the MOBO...seems kind of a step backwards though, but you never know, also could simply try a new DVD ROM (SATA) they're only about $30....but if I cannot run certain Copy Protected games on my DVD ROM SATA.....that doesn't seem right!
G' night!

Old November 22, 2008, 01:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
RAID was already set to "Disabled".......didn't notice any options at all beside each SATA "#" (0 thru 6), anyhow, thanks for your help Chilly....strange eh...every now n then I get the same "error" "Cannot find DVD ROPM yada yada yada" with COD WaW, right now it all seems fine now that I've again swapped the SATA Controller Cable to a different Port, BUT COD4 will not run on this DVD Drive, simple as that, and yet prior to my transferring all Hardware to my Silverstone, installing new SATA Raptor and re-installing OS onto the Raptor Drive it worked fine....????
Computers eh......and how about those Canucks (n Leafs)....TO just may have Burke coming....worst thing Vancouver did was get rid of Burke!!!
Anyhow, thanksfor your help Chilly, I've pretty much run out of ideas!!! The only other thing I can think to try is to uninstall my nForce Drivers and install the original Drivers that came on a disc with the MOBO...seems kind of a step backwards though, but you never know, also could simply try a new DVD ROM (SATA) they're only about $30....but if I cannot run certain Copy Protected games on my DVD ROM SATA.....that doesn't seem right!
G' night!
Meh, Burke's not do much for my team, the leafs are as useless as the pecker on the pope, even if they had the best players in the league playing for them. One can hope thou...

Just did some searching for ya, seems ALOT of people are having issues with COD4's single player DRM thinking SATA drives are, well, emulated drives. Stupid DRM. Good news is that MP does not need the CD/DVD in the drive to play. Too bad about single player thou.

g'night! Its 4:20 am and I work at 11am, I'm GUESS I should get some sleep
Old November 22, 2008, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Just did some searching for ya, seems ALOT of people are having issues with COD4's single player DRM thinking SATA drives are, well, emulated drives. Stupid DRM. Good news is that MP does not need the CD/DVD in the drive to play. Too bad about single player thou.

g'night! Its 4:20 am and I work at 11am, I'm GUESS I should get some sleep
Yes I had done a ton of researching as well and a lot of folks running into the same problem!! Their is actually a list floating around of potential "fixes", but going through the list I can verify I have tried all.....to no avail. Personally I would be really choked if I had spent $50 on a game that a 2K PC cannot run (fortunately my IDE LG Drive is no issues)....May just pick up another SATA Drive today and try it out....one fellow on the Net (reading many Threads on the subject) got right pissed off and bought a new Pioneer Drive and it worked..! Crazy though, to have to find a Drive that will work with a game..
Did Post the same the same problem on the Evga Web Site Forum as well, the only thing they suggested (that I haven't tried yet) is to "Flash" my BIOS to the latest, although I have never been a fan of Flashing the BIOS (if everything is working why f_ck with it)...everything does work, cept that one game...therefore is Flashing a good way to go?....particularly when I see th odd Post whereby folks are complaing that "this or that is buggered" after Flashing..
Anyhoo...thanks again for all your suggestions n help to try and "solve" the issue!

Old November 22, 2008, 11:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You can do every gamer in the world a huge favour by putting in a work ticket/complaint with the game distributer. The sooner these folks get it into their heads that the only people they're preventing from playing their games are those who bought and paid for it, the sooner they'll stop putting this stupid crap on them.

I just don't get it... how can game distributers not see that this kind of DRM pushes honest people into piracy.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 22, 2008, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I just don't get it... how can game distributers not see that this kind of DRM pushes honest people into piracy.
Alreay done Mr Wilson....an "annoyed" email to Activision and you're absolutely correct, after spending hours trying to resolve (barring a BIOS Flash and complete re-install of the OS, which I refuse to do at this point), makes more sense to simply install a "crack"....

Old November 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well...changed out the Asus DVD ROM with a new Samsung DVD RW, used same SATA data and power cables. Still the same issue trying to run COD 4...."Inset Correct DVD ROM yada yada yada yada", I will be very hesitant of purchasing any products from Activision in the future.
The only things I haven't tried:
1. New SATA data cable
2. SATA Power cable is a 3x chain. presently power supplied by the last power plug at the end.
Don't know if swapping these out would make any difference?
COD WaR works fine, provided I don't try to run COD4 previously, if I do run COD4 previously, I will get the same error when trying to run COD WaR, unless I re-boot the System, then WaR will run fine off of the SATA Drive. Any other thoughts? ...."crack code eh?!

Old November 25, 2008, 12:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Just so you're aware, it's not limited to Activision games. Many games use SecuROM.

Either use IDE or grab a crack off the Internet (easily found). About your only options now...
Old November 25, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

SecuCrap also doesn'T like SATA writers - they mistake them for EMULATION programs, and sine those are listed under SCSI, and DAEMON TOOLS & Co. use this method as well, they flag you as a pirate :D

Maybe it's time to contact Game developers and tell them that people have moved on to SATA and to take that into consideration, also a good idea for future SecuCraps to be able to tell the difference between emulation device and SATA drive, which is fairly easy to do.
Old November 26, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep...what a pia....with this Rig sitting here and cannot run COD4 off of my SATA Drive!!! crazy eh....personally, I still think thier must be something I'm overlooking in the OS....something requiring a "tweak" maybe,,,not sure....pretty tired of it, especially after spending $35 and installing new SATA DVD RW...oh well, now I have a spare to go with my "spare build stuff". Actually I would replace the DVD RW IDE drive that I also have BUT...this is one that seems I can count on..(the only one that will COD4)....computers...sometimes they'll drive you nuts! Still don't get it...worked prior to installing new HD and re-installing OS...thats why I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
Oh well...

Old November 26, 2008, 10:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Where did you buy the game? Maybe you can convince them that their "no return" policy for software doesn't apply because the game doesn't work on your hardware.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP