Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Alright, understand.....and if it helps, in my Device Manager, y DVD ROM shows as "SCSI".....why did it work fine prior to my re-install of OS? What has changed and if so how do I correct it?

Seems odd that it was fine before.....

Old November 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
So it's probably assuming that your actual DVD drive is an emulated one and thus the DRM is denying you from using that drive to run the game.
Is their something I can change so that it doesn't detect as an emulated Drive?

Old November 21, 2008, 09:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

C'mon guys.....nothing further...I tried uninstalling Nero to see if that would work...same error message. I cannot believe this...it worked before and now it doesn't??!! I have also tried unistalling my nForce Drivers and Re-installing...

Old November 21, 2008, 10:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
C'mon guys.....nothing further...I tried uninstalling Nero to see if that would work...same error message. I cannot believe this...it worked before and now it doesn't??!! I have also tried unistalling my nForce Drivers and Re-installing...
We believe that its not an issue with your drivers, or applications or anything else for that matter. Its the DRM failing at life. If it truly is the DRM as we think, there's not much you can do. There is one thing that you can try, that is setting the bios from AHCI/RAID mode to emulated IDE, should clear the issue up, if not then its something else and we'll work with you to figure it out.

As for checking in the Device Manager, find the drive under DVD/CD drives -> right click on it -> Properties -> Goto Tab "details" -> from the dropdown menu select enumrator,.

Should look something like this;
Old November 21, 2008, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep got that Chilly thanks..enumerator shows as SCSI...didn't do anything in BIOS yet..

Old November 21, 2008, 11:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Yep got that Chilly thanks..enumerator shows as SCSI...didn't do anything in BIOS yet..
Well, thats the reason then . SercuRom automatically assumes ALL "SCSI" drives are emulated drives and does not allow games to run off them. Try changing your SATA controller to IDE mode from SATA/RAID mode, should solve all your issues with SercuRom games.
Old November 21, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks Chilly...now...the tricky part,,,how do I go about changing this?

Old November 21, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is that done in BIOS?

Old November 21, 2008, 11:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Is that done in BIOS?
Yes, it will be in different locations depending on your motherboard. Should be under some "SATA settings" header. What motherboard you on/using?
Old November 21, 2008, 11:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Evga 780i - nForce Chipset , just had a quick look and founf SATA Connection "4" showing my DVD ROM, but no way to change to IDE....will keep looking in BIOS.