Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

lol you should ad that post to the rant thread in off topic ;) I think it needs to be said, there are alot of things in our society that i think are in a similar downward trend. We really need to go back to basics...

I agree with the zoom function though, i've got a slow connection here at work (where i AM more than im not) so going through posts with alot of pictures is ok the first time, but not everytime i go back to read another post.

vista 64 on these rigs
Q9450 @ 3.5Ghz | E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
8gb Muskin Redline. | 2gb Kingston Hyperx
________________________________|_________________ ______________
EVGA 780i FTW ----\--||___||--/---- EVGA 780i SLI
Antec TP Quatro 1000W \ :==^==: / Antec TP Quatro 850W.
Nvidia 9800 GX2 X 2 SLI \|--o--|/ Nvidia 8800 GTS X 2 SLI
1X 500GB Western Digital. \_____/ 3X 150GB WD RAPTOR RAID-0
Old May 26, 2008, 09:37 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

thanks so much, I am visually impaired and it truly sux balls when I have to use a magnifying glass to read someones cpu-z image on a 24 freakin inch monitor cuz it won't zoom properly and...
I wholeheartedly agree with the rant. This is one of the best sites going and one of the most significant aspects is that it doesn't have 2 dozen advertizements attempting to open on each page
I could name a few sites that I simply close my browsing tab on while waiting for the page to finish loading regardless of my interest in the review/news/etc due to their hyped up graphics and ads
Old May 26, 2008, 10:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
thanks so much, I am visually impaired and it truly sux balls when I have to use a magnifying glass to read someones cpu-z image on a 24 freakin inch monitor cuz it won't zoom properly and...
You ever tried using the Zoom feature on the Nvidia desktop manager?
Pretty handy, you can hotkey it too.
Old May 26, 2008, 02:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
You ever tried using the Zoom feature on the Nvidia desktop manager?
Pretty handy, you can hotkey it too.
And for those Mac OS X users using 10.4 and 10.5 you can hold down the control key and use your scroll wheel to zoom in and out.
In the event that it might not be on by default go into System Preferences -> Universal Access and in the zoom section of the Seeing tab hit the options button, make sure the "Use scroll wheel with modifier keys to zoom" checkbox is checkmarked. Unless I am mistaken the default is a little up arrow thingy, that means the control key. Of course you can change it to other keys&combos if you want too, just highlight the contents of the text box and press a different key or two, or three, etc. :P