Step 2: Put your junk in that box.

Wait...what.

Also, he said my name.

Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 1, 2013, 08:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'll have to echo blue byte on that one.
There should be enough of a market up here in Canada that we get an RMA Centre somewhere. That, I think would help secure more market share from us up here knowing that we can get better and faster service should something go wrong.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 1, 2013, 09:11 AM
Rookie

Local RMA is something we've been looking at but I don't have a definitive answer there yet in terms of a timeline. I do work with all of the large retailers here and I don't want to put them on the spot but if anyone runs into a major issue outside of their regular return period, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do about getting an exception as I do hear you guys about around turn around time.

As a stopgap measure would something like a HWC loaner pool of critical components be of interest if I can get that arranged?
Old February 1, 2013, 09:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terren View Post
Local RMA is something we've been looking at but I don't have a definitive answer there yet in terms of a timeline. I do work with all of the large retailers here and I don't want to put them on the spot but if anyone runs into a major issue outside of their regular return period, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do about getting an exception as I do hear you guys about around turn around time.

As a stopgap measure would something like a HWC loaner pool of critical components be of interest if I can get that arranged?
Interesting concept, the biggest question is the 'what' to keep. Common SSD's and PSU's perhaps?
Sales should be able to pull a demograph of the most common SKU's sold up to Canada. Perhaps keep those?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 1, 2013, 09:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gosh no, that would suck. /sarcasm=off

I think that would be much appreciated by the members of the forum. And welcome, it's nice to have a Corsair rep around as we tend to recommend your products quite a bit.
Old February 1, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terren View Post
This would have to be something only done for long time members and people with many posts as they newbs sometimes like to scam and ruin our fun
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old February 1, 2013, 09:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I'll have to echo blue byte on that one.
There should be enough of a market up here in Canada that we get an RMA Centre somewhere. That, I think would help secure more market share from us up here knowing that we can get better and faster service should something go wrong.

-ST
Another +1 here too. It likely would of given me more faith in Corsair's RMA process and likely a better experience overall too.

OCZ used to have their's in Markham which was absolutely perfect. I RMA'd a SSD to them, cheap to ship there (less than $10 and arrived next day), and they shipped my replacement the same day they received it which was delivered the next day. I had a working SSD back within the same week.

Contrasting to my current Corsair RMA, I had to ship it to California which took 7 business days and cost $20. Then Corsair sat on it for nearly 2 weeks with absolutely no status to me (this is where my anger comes from). Finally they shipped out the replacement yesterday, but it remains to be picked up by UPS (only label printed). I suspect I won't see my replacement for another ~5 days. Basically an entire month for the RMA. Thankfully I had my old Vertex 2 and 3 lying around so I could get my PC back up and running.

Granted I know OCZ has closed shop up here due to their restructuring and new CEO, but I think Corsair is a much larger company than OCZ ever was though I could be mistaken.
Old February 1, 2013, 02:44 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Good to see Terren around......but odd to see him without the Terren@NCIX name. ;)
Old February 1, 2013, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Welcome to the forums, love seeing reps around as it makes info gathering and problem resolution so much easier.

Slightly off topic but considering the multi-national nature of the forums(Canadian based but many many members from much farther afield), would it be possible that you can help folks that don't fall into your jurisdiction?
or even be able to point them to a rep for their area?

For example I'm from Ireland (Currently living in Ukraine) and I know there are folks that visit regularly from Spain, Australia, Philippines, India etc etc
Just shows how good this place is. :D
Old February 3, 2013, 10:27 AM
Rookie

Happy to help where I can regardless of where you are :)

For the loaner pool thinking of overspeccing a few parts like a 1050w where I'm guessing that for the majority of the folks here it will work in a pinch before a replacement part arrives.