Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NVIDIA & Hardware Canucks Giving Away Keys to the End of Nations Beta

NVIDIA has given Hardware Canucks 50-keys for a closed beta (taking place on August 10 through 12) of the hotly anticipated apocalyptic MMO, End of Nations, to give away to you, our loyal readers.

Set during a persistent global war of unprecedented scale, players in End of Nations team up in massive 50-player online battles to take down the corrupt and oppressive Order of Nations ruling faction. The first of a new genre of MMO RTS, the game will incorporate some RPG elements set in a persistent world like unlockable new units, abilities and super weapons to allow players to customize their army as they progress through the game. End of Nations will feature PvE, PvP and cooperative gameplay.

End of Nations is being developed as a PC-exclusive by Petroglyph Games, a studio founded by ex-Westwood Studios (of Command & Conquer fame) employees that has previously developed the critically-acclaimed Star Wars: Empire at War.

The game will be released as a free-to-play title, with the developer making money by offering an in-game shop that allows players to customize their character. Subscriptions will be available for frequent shoppers. The developer stresses that the game is not "pay-to-win", as in purchasing items won't give some players an advantage over others.

In anticipation of the launch of End of Nations, NVIDIA has released the GeForce 304.79 beta drivers which feature updated SLI profiles for this title and many others in addition to a buffet of helpful bug fixes.

End of Nations will be officially released on August 17.

Check out the E3 trailer for End of Nations here:

Please post in this thread if you want a Beta Key and we will send up a Private Message with the info.

Last edited by SKYMTL; July 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old July 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect

i wouldnt mind a beta key, mind you i wont have nearly as much time as some to play but it does look like a blast.
Old July 28, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'll take a key. This cgame looks like it might be fun.
Old July 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

...so this is Starcraft, but with 50 people in a game? Interesting.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I used to play a Korean developed strategy MMO that seems very similar to this, but I don't remember what it was called. It has different stats that you could level up that would affect how your units performed. One of them was called "clout" and limited what units you could purchase and how many units you could bring into battle. There was also a world map with a few different factions and tiles that you could capture to gain resources. How similar is what I described compared to this game?

--Edit--
Found the game I used to play, Shattered Galaxy, it's 11 years old! I had to quit because I didn't have a credit card when the game came out.

Shattered Galaxy Gameplay - First Look HD - YouTube

Last edited by Sippycup; July 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Found it!
Old July 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like the developer is trying to make this a new RTS esport that everybody can play for free.

How big is the actual download? (their website says 6.5GB required) If it's well under 5GB I'd definitely like to check it out.
Old July 28, 2012, 11:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Definitely looks like a different take on things, interested to see the end result of all this.
Old July 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Seeing as this could be an MMO I can actually see myself playing, I'll gladly take a key.
Old July 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Trial Member

I'll take a key.
Old July 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I would have no problem giving it a whirl. Looks interesting. I like the idea of Starcraft mixed with Dune 2 and C&C.