Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had a comment for a post above but I'm not fueling the fire here, I think its a great thing the Admins have done and I personally know how much time you guys spend on here and I thank you for it, The site owes us nothing its not like we pay to be on here, If the admins see something as fit they have every right to do it :)

PS keep up the great work guys
Old July 8, 2012, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post

Wow. You have no idea how much time the moderators spend on here. Personally it's usually 2-3 hours a day for me. When it bumped up to dealing with 2-3 BST issues a day instead of one every 2-3 days, it was time for a change. Sorry Gav didn't consult with you personally on this. Now get over it.
*insert crying gif here*

Welcome to being part of the community and accepting it as a part time to full time job especially when it starts getting crazy. I've been on forums MUCH MUCH larger and nobody has this "mods to check over the new sales" crap.
Old July 9, 2012, 06:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I've been on forums MUCH MUCH larger and nobody has this "mods to check over the new sales" crap.
QFT!
Do we really need big brother to approve our sales threads?
If a sales thread doesn't comply with the rules... Delete it.
The focus should be on bringing iTrader back, not on making up new sensless rules.
Old July 9, 2012, 09:10 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_125 View Post
QFT!
Do we really need big brother to approve our sales threads?
If a sales thread doesn't comply with the rules... Delete it.
The focus should be on bringing iTrader back, not on making up new sensless rules.
In short? Yes we do since too many long standing members 'forget' how to post a proper FS thread.
And too Many BST issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
*insert crying gif here*

Welcome to being part of the community and accepting it as a part time to full time job especially when it starts getting crazy. I've been on forums MUCH MUCH larger and nobody has this "mods to check over the new sales" crap.
Yes, we understand what it is to be part of a community. Perhaps its because our Member base doesn't follow the Rules as well as other sites? Regardless its done, and over with so just live with it or don't. The choice has always and forever been the end users.

This is a helpful measure, even if you personally don't see it that way.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 9, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I see a thread was locked with another member asking about another members reputation and sale circumstances? If we cannot ask about members BST rep while the site is broken what are we supposed to do? give our money away with blind faith?
Old July 9, 2012, 09:13 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
I see a thread was locked with another member asking about another members reputation and sale circumstances? If we cannot ask about members BST rep while the site is broken what are we supposed to do? give our money away with blind faith?
Read the moderators Post and the post before it regarding bigFOIG and you will see why it is closed.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 9, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hope I didn't step over the line by mentioning BigFOIG. I was only trying to establish the nature of Slickenuf4u's reputation.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old July 9, 2012, 09:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I made a couple of suggestions in my reply, and I most certainly would suggest not starting any requests for references with "he seems fishy". That said, while it hasn't been hashed out by staff yet, I strongly suspect that the policy will be to not allow "what's this guy's rep" threads to start spreading WRT buy/sell threads. That would just be opening ourselves up to allowing subjective opinions which could quickly turn into flaming.... not productive at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I hope I didn't step over the line by mentioning BigFOIG. I was only trying to establish the nature of Slickenuf4u's reputation.
No, but it is a good example of why we wouldn't want these kinds of threads to start spreading.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 9, 2012, 09:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So we are not allowed to ask about a persons rep if we are interested in buying from them?
Old July 9, 2012, 09:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
So we are not allowed to ask about a persons rep if we are interested in buying from them?
As I said... ask the seller via PM for names of folks who can provide references. Do not do it in a public forum.

Personally.... I wouldn't buy from somebody who wouldn't give me contact information, or the option of meeting up in a public place.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP