Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2011, 08:18 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Hardware Canucks Looking for Reviewers

As Hardware Canucks expands our review format into new areas, certain positions will be opening for writing / editorial talent in the coming months.

We are always on the look-out for new writers so regardless of the positions listed below, if you think you have what it takes to write for us we would love to hear from you.

Past professional writing experience isn't essential but an excellent working knowledge of the English language and strong grammar skills are required. Working knowledge of Excel and Photoshop is recommended.

Payment can be discussed based upon previous writing experience.

Positions are open to ANYONE in North America

In order to apply, please email skymtl@hardwarecanucks.com

The email should include the following:

- A description of your past writing experience and / or why you should be considered for a position
- A sample of your writing (no less than 500 words) worded as a review of a computer component(s)
- FOUR sample photographs of computer components (2x general / 2x macro) on either a white of black background

Position: AMD Motherboard / System Reviewer

The ideal candidate needs to have access to a modern AMD processor (AM3) as well as experience with overclocking AMD-based systems.

If you decide to apply to this position, a validated CPU-Z screenshot of an overclock you achieved is required.

Position: Intel Motherboard / System Reviewer

The ideal candidate needs to have access to a modern Intel processor (1366, 1155) as well as experience with overclocking Intel-based systems.

If you decide to apply to this position, a validated CPU-Z screenshot of an overclock you achieved is required.

Position: Notebook / Netbook / Tablet Reviewer

The ideal candidate needs to understand the current mobile / notebook / netbook / tablet markets and their unique needs. The extensive use of benchmarking tools to accurately determine the performance of said systems against one another is also necessary.

Ownership of a current generation laptop is recommended.

Additional expectations will be discussed with anyone interested.

Last edited by SKYMTL; April 5, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old March 1, 2011, 09:14 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Sufficed to say: I'm in. My Lenovo x120e review will be my application
Old March 2, 2011, 07:32 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

C'mon fellow HWCers! Try out and become a reviewer! You'll get to play with all the latest AMD hardware! Up to (and possibly including) Bulldozer!
Old March 2, 2011, 07:46 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I am working on my submission!
Old March 2, 2011, 07:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I wish all those whom are considering it good luck, myself I dont have the free time or desire to do more work after classes.
Old March 2, 2011, 09:02 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Yeah and this IS work. But fun work. :)
Old March 2, 2011, 09:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Whoever gets the position should have the title: AMD Eager Beaver
Old March 2, 2011, 09:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh i wouldn't doubt thats it fun work, I know some reviewers. Its the fact I'm typically worn out from Lectures, Assignments, informal lab reports that take 7 hours to complete that night and are due next day at 9am, formal lab reports, etc, otherwise i'd give this thing a shot myself (and the fact the only AMD system i have is an AM2 htpc system). I'm not trying to disway anyone from doing this, I'm more so encouraging those whom have the free time and want to get their hands on the latest AMD cpu and motherboards, just I doubt I'd have the time or be qualified for it.
Old March 2, 2011, 10:02 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

It can be quite time consuming. I had made the mistake before taking on a position as a reviewer for another site shortly after the birth of my second child and needless to say, there was simply not enough time in a day to accomplish all the tasks. :) It is definitely fun but at the time it just wasn't possible to keep up. Now that my kids are a bit older and I have my own time again, I'd like to take another swing at it!

Good luck to all the applicants!
Old March 5, 2011, 08:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I agree this does look neat. Although I fear I lack the grammatical skills needed for such a position. That and I would have to buy a new camera, and get better at overclocking. I'm only at 4.1ghz on a 1090T black, weak lol.