Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

LoL, finally sent my application, :P...
Old March 10, 2011, 10:16 PM
da_bradler

I'll give you a hint for photography. tripod important.

also 1000watt work lamps are cheap and effective. just dont light with directly or you'll get harsh shadows. point them at opposite wall or ceiling. make sure you know how to set a custom white balance.

some wal marts sell cloth by the yard. you can even point the light at that to defuse it more(don't set it on fire though)
Old April 5, 2011, 11:15 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

New positions added.
Old April 5, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would love to apply but, I ain't be too good with grammar.
Old April 5, 2011, 11:39 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

TBH the new netbook/tablet category seems the most interesting... And my x120e is sitting comfortably with me already Only problem is I've already upgraded it so its no longer a "stock" review sample, haha.
Old April 5, 2011, 12:13 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I wish my english was up to standards, hell I'd even buy the parts to review if someone helped me and polished up my writing that would be great as I have ALOT of stuff I could review, from 4 bay drive enclosures (mediasonic, one has raid one doesn't) ax850, another lower quality psu as well I want to use for the lighting of my entertainment stand. All the parts for a AMD HTPC. Let me know if something could possibly be worked out :) like if someone could proof read my stuff before it's published.
Old April 5, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Dont worry about that, everything is edited before it goes live. Your English doesnt seem bad to me, why not submit an application and see what happens?
Old April 5, 2011, 12:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
Dont worry about that, everything is edited before it goes live. Your English doesnt seem bad to me, why not submit an application and see what happens?
My english is bad when it comes to using words like, where, were, your, you're, there, they're and such, I don't like to admit it but I only got my grade 7, I ended up dropping out cause of a chronic disease. If I could just build the courage up to put something in and make a nice spot to take pictures of the products. Does it have to be perfectly white as the other pictures are or even pictures on a nice coffee table work?
Time to break out the new camera (2 Christmases old from ncix, haven't gotten around to using it yet) and try her out.
Old April 5, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The most important part of taking review photos is proper lighting. A decent camera will do the trick if you have good lighting.
You can make your own light box for a few bucks. Example: Homemade Light Box for Product Photography StudioLighting.net

Good photos are something you get from experience. I sucked at taking photos at first but skymtl helped me out with some good advice.
Old April 5, 2011, 12:42 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldonko View Post
The most important part of taking review photos is proper lighting. A decent camera will do the trick if you have good lighting.
You can make your own light box for a few bucks. Example: Homemade Light Box for Product Photography StudioLighting.net

Good photos are something you get from experience. I sucked at taking photos at first but skymtl helped me out with some good advice.
That's a pretty awesome guide, wouldn't take to much room in my house either (I live in about a 800sq foot house heh) I'll have to see if I can find that white board around me also will be a little hard finding some stuff as I'm legally disabled, (the chronic diseases and I have a compression fracture in my back which won't heal) but yea should home depot have the lights and white board? I would just ask for white foam board right? And standard tape will hold it together well enough to be able to move it around from place to place or should I maybe use a stronger tape like duct tape? I'm starting to get ahead of myself heh, I'll write up my 500 words tonight and email sky. What should I write about? How to build a pc or something tech related?