Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2011, 01:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Is there a deadline for this? Have you found someone yet Sky? If not, I'll polish my stuff tonight and send 'em in.
Old March 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8erppl View Post
Is there a deadline for this? Have you found someone yet Sky? If not, I'll polish my stuff tonight and send 'em in.
Always send it in, no matter what. One never knows what other positions might be available in the future.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 8, 2011, 07:47 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

There is no deadline. If I find 10 people, great!
Old March 8, 2011, 10:04 PM
da_bradler

check out my bitching overclock! CPU-Z Validator 3.1 who needs an unlocked multiplier :P

Last edited by da_bradler; March 9, 2011 at 04:15 AM. Reason: tone
Old March 9, 2011, 10:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i was gonna apply last night...but my cameras just won't do any justice...sigh...
Old March 9, 2011, 10:43 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Believe it or not, I use a 4 (or more) year old Canon S2IS for all my shots. A great camera isn't necessary; it's all about the lighting. I can take shots similar to those with a reasonably good pocket camera.

Honestly guys, if you think you have the chops for this or any position, don't let photography skills get in the way. There are ALWAYS ways around that.
Old March 9, 2011, 11:21 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

If you are using an older Canon, check out the CHDK as it will allow you to shoot in RAW format giving you a little more power on the editing side.
Old March 9, 2011, 12:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

^^^ Ok, roger that. I'll take some pictures tonight...lighting and playing around with camera settings...
Old March 9, 2011, 12:18 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

While there are some relatively "advanced" lightbox setups around (or not so advanced, but still costly), getting the white out effect can be as simple as getting some large pieces of poster board, fashioning it so it has a sloping curve, borrowing a few lamps with similar wattage/brightness bulbs, and adjust the lighting levels in photoshop.

That's at least a good place to start. Hell, from what it sounds like, SKY is saying feel free to take photos on the kitchen counter, but just show you know how to use a camera and can use photos to help illustrate talking points, rather than worrying about the background. Background is simply a matter of products & tools.

Writing and presentation is key.
Old March 9, 2011, 12:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Believe it or not, I use a 4 (or more) year old Canon S2IS for all my shots. A great camera isn't necessary; it's all about the lighting. I can take shots similar to those with a reasonably good pocket camera.

Honestly guys, if you think you have the chops for this or any position, don't let photography skills get in the way. There are ALWAYS ways around that.

Okay. I'll be honest that was the same stumbling block for me. I have a 5 year old Camera that wasn't giving me the optimal lighting effect. I'll try it again.

Writing style is fine on that effect. I'll just take some glamour shots and do the best I can then.

Cool.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com