Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/site-announcements/)
-   -   Hardware Canucks Re-Launches Price Comparison Service (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/site-announcements/37501-hardware-canucks-re-launches-price-comparison-service.html)

FiXT October 28, 2010 06:23 PM

Hardware Canucks Re-Launches Price Comparison Service

We realize there were many people disappointed when we had to close down the Hardware Canucks price comparison service earlier this year. Fortunately we have found a way to bring it back, and for many users we will be offering this comparison service to you for the first time!

What's New

While our Canadian visitors will get to enjoy the same detailed comparisons they are familiar with, we have added international support to the comparison service, available for both our American and UK visitors. In partnership with PriceGrabber.com, you will be able to search out and get the best deal on products you see in our reviews or other areas. This way you get the most accurate information with both pricing and retailers from your specific country.

Within the comparison engine, you will also be able to read and leave real customer feedback on the advertised stores so you can always feel confident in the retailers you buy from.

Want to be notified when a product you are interested in drops in price? Sign up for Price Watch/Alerts to get notifications to your inbox instantly!

Our reviews will now also contain separate links to the price comparison engine of your choice, however, for now, users will need to make sure to properly select their country.

Try it out! Click the Price Compare link on the navigation bar.

Problems Or Feedback: Please email comments@hardwarecanucks.com with a description

CMetaphor October 28, 2010 06:27 PM

In a word: WooooooooHooooooo!!! :biggrin:

boggtrotter59 October 28, 2010 06:34 PM

Excellent :thumb: Good work guys.

stoanee October 28, 2010 06:38 PM

Love it! Great job!!

Sagath October 28, 2010 06:38 PM

Yay! I missed this feature, and was using shopbot.ca instead.

I, for one, welcome our Wood-Chewing Overlords. :thumb:

ilya October 28, 2010 06:43 PM

I don't get it, I've been using it forever and it hasn't been unavailable. Maybe because I had it bookmarked from before? Or is this a new revised search algorithm or something?

FiXT October 28, 2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 443659)
Maybe because I had it bookmarked from before?

^ :thumb:
It technically was never completely gone for the Canadian comparisons, but it wasn't listed in the reviews, no international support and no access unless you had saved the old URL link.

muse108dc October 29, 2010 02:33 AM

Very happy this is back, its been gone for quite a while and I use to get a lot of use out of it.

Inik October 29, 2010 03:35 AM

Really good job !! I missed it!

sswilson October 29, 2010 04:08 AM

Hrmmmm..... I thought maybe it was our new compare service being parsnickety, but shopbot has the same problem......

Has anybody found a way to search for 6870 (or 6850) cards in any of the canadian price search pages? The newest card I was able to pull out was a 3870.......