Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2010, 06:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Upcoming HWC Articles: Week of June 14th

In order to give you guys a heads-up about upcoming reviews, I have decided to start end-of-week threads detailing what will be approaching the following week.

Please remember that articles and reviews are USUALLY published at night between 8PM and Midnight EST.

The schedule is subject to change so don't come down too hard if we don't make some deadlines. ;)

Sunday June 13th: USB 3.0 & the Corsair Voyager GTR: A Match Made in Heaven

Monday June 14th: Investigating the Accuracy of Today's GPU Benchmarks (working title)

Monday June 14th: HWC Introduces Open, Transparent GPU Benchmarking Process

Tuesday June 15th: G.Skill Phoenix 100GB SSD Review

Thursday June 17th: EVGA GTX 470+ Superclocked Edition Review
Old June 11, 2010, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sunday June 13th: USB 3.0 & the Corsair Voyager GTR: A Match Made in Heaven
I shall be waiting with baited breath.
Old June 11, 2010, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like this idea as it does allow people to express their thoughts and hypotheses before they are released.

I for one am looking forward to the USB3.0 review and the new benchmarking process.
Old June 11, 2010, 08:59 AM

A) It isn't a USB 3.0 review per se. We found some interesting results when using the USB 2.0 GTR on a USB 3.0 interface. It will be a quick testing update.

B) It isn't a new benchmarking process. Basically, we are totally opening our benchmarking process to the public. This means we will be making available all save game files and timedemos so you can repeat our process yourself. In addition, the article will include detailed information about how to set up the configuration files properly. Finally, for the games we don't use a standard built-in benchmark for, videos will be included so readers know exactly what was benchmarked and can recreate the results on their own systems. The article will be constantly evolving as new games are added.
Old June 11, 2010, 10:31 AM
MVP

Wow, going the extra mile and some to be transparent.
Old June 11, 2010, 10:55 AM

Yes. I find the review industry has gone far too long without being up front or honest about how they benchmark. The "Investigating the Accuracy of Today's GPU Benchmarks" article will set the stage so to speak about WHY transparency is needed.

We were guilty of it as well and things are about to change.
Old June 11, 2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
A) It isn't a USB 3.0 review per se. We found some interesting results when using the USB 2.0 GTR on a USB 3.0 interface. It will be a quick testing update.
I figured as much. I still look forward to seeing your results.
Old June 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

B) It isn't a new benchmarking process. Basically, we are totally opening our benchmarking process to the public. This means we will be making available all save game files and timedemos so you can repeat our process yourself. In addition, the article will include detailed information about how to set up the configuration files properly. Finally, for the games we don't use a standard built-in benchmark for, videos will be included so readers know exactly what was benchmarked and can recreate the results on their own systems. The article will be constantly evolving as new games are added.

That is great. I highly applaud you guys for going that extra mile.

Old June 13, 2010, 04:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

Looking very forward to the GPU benchmark article, and have faith that it will be done with less pretention than [H]'s "gameplay experience" campaign.
Old June 13, 2010, 08:53 AM

Well, I don't intend to call out any sites. We're just going to be listing the facts about certain benchmarking procedures and letting the readers make up their own minds.