Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Default Users Thread Title Edits

After some deliberation, users will now be able edit their own thread titles. This includes the B/S/T section.

To change your thread title, use the "Edit" function exactly as you would when editing your thread message, and make the title adjustment from there. The change will be reflected externally in the thread listing.

We ask that you do not abuse this function and post misleading, flaming or derogatory titles with the expectation of changing them. Any misuse of this feature will be assessed the appropriate infraction points or temporary ban at the discretion of the moderation team.

A few simple ground rules (guidelines).
  • Outside of the B/S/T there is no reason to change thread titles repeatedly, or with every update you make. Simply adding an [UPDATED] tag to the end of the thread title if there is a new development or added information will suffice.
  • Please do not change thread titles to disinterest people in your topic. All threads posted here have the potential to be beneficial for someone else down the road. Just because your question or comment has been answered does not mean the topic is no longer relevant.
  • Changing a title to "Please Delete" "Please Lock This Thread" "Dumb Question" will be ignored and thread title reversed. If you wish to have a thread deleted, locked etc. report your thread or PM a member of the moderation team.

Note that the mod squad has a record of all changes made to thread titles....they will catch you.

Enjoy!
Old April 22, 2010, 08:46 PM
Banned
F@H

im trying to remember(safe for sale) what the motive behind the thread name change ban was :)
Old April 22, 2010, 08:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I noticed some time back that if you 'double clicked' an area near your thread title after a search, while viewing a section. etc you could change the title that way.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 22, 2010, 09:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

cool thank hwc's
Old April 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks, this will be very useful for keeping the status of case mods up to date
Old April 23, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Great stuff FixT. Thanks HWC!

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old April 24, 2010, 12:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
im trying to remember(safe for sale) what the motive behind the thread name change ban was :)
One of the reasons that a lot of forums don't allow thread title changes (or outright thread deletions) is to prevent the old bait-n-switch that happens on sites where trolling/flaming is common place. I.E. somebody posts a thread that says... "So-N-So is an A$$hole" and then changes it 10 minutes later to avoid a ban.

In the case of HWC, we've got a pretty mature group of folks, and the mods in general don't put up with any trolling/flaming anywise so we should be ok.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 24, 2010, 12:56 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

thanks, now when you make an obvious spelling mistake you can edit it and not look like a noob :)
Old April 24, 2010, 01:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post
thanks, now when you make an obvious spelling mistake you can edit it and not look like a noob :)
Exactly what I was thinking.. it SUCKS when you make a typo in the friggen title
Old April 24, 2010, 01:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Cant. wait. to.... make.... "Chriskwarren is an A$$hole" thread and change the title realllllllllly fasttttttt...
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.