Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2010, 10:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Hardware Canucks is Looking for (More) Writers

Hardware Canucks, the site you have all come to know and love is in the process of expanding our writing & editorial staff in order to better meet the expectations of our readership. We have several positions open for interested candidates and look forward to hearing from you!

To read more about the positions click here: Hardware Canucks is Looking for Staff Writers | Hardware Canucks

Last edited by SKYMTL; February 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:19 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Ha... once again.

I don't suppose my old TH2Go review still applies... considering i wrote it for the last round of "searching"?
Old January 5, 2010, 11:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd love to but i dont think i'm focused into one certain part of hardware over another.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:24 AM

You don't have to be. Look at the current writers and take Lemonlime as an example. He has done reviews of cases and motherboards and in his past reviewing job did coolers and CPUs as well. AkG does storage, coolers, cases, peripherals, etc. Heck, every one of the current reviewers is like a well-honed Swiss Army knife.

One of the things we are looking for is people who can adapt their writing styles to different aspects of the industry.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
I don't suppose my old TH2Go review still applies... considering i wrote it for the last round of "searching"?
No.

The TH2Go review shows me that you can put sentences together but since it is a unique product, knowledge of it may not translate into knowledge within one of the areas listed above. Basically, you are half way there.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
You don't have to be. Look at the current writers and take Lemonlime as an example. He has done reviews of cases and motherboards and in his past reviewing job did coolers and CPUs as well. AkG does storage, coolers, cases, peripherals, etc. Heck, every one of the current reviewers is like a well-honed Swiss Army knife.

One of the things we are looking for is people who can adapt their writing styles to different aspects of the industry.
Yeah, i just dont know if i know a product well enough yet, well maybe i am probably just doubting myself. I was told by my prof in material science that i write very good reports (A+ in the course) but i feel i may come up short writing a test review here. Nothing like low self confidence sometimes

Edit: Also don't own a digital camera or have access to one until May (when i should be living with the girlfriend again and can have you take pictures with her digital slr camera)
Old January 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow there is many place open are we growing this fast? Hope to see new reviewer soon. Would be interesting for me but there is to many lack like...english...that's the biggest one:P Carry one in your search SKY or maybe you can go to TPU and steel some of their reviewer

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Last edited by martin_metal_88; January 5, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:45 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
No.

The TH2Go review shows me that you can put sentences together but since it is a unique product, knowledge of it may not translate into knowledge within one of the areas listed above. Basically, you are half way there.
Until the release of Eyefinity, it was very much the Only surround-gaming peripheral device available. But now that Eyefinity is out, it's even more pertinent since it directly compares to it.

Oh well.
Old January 5, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Until the release of Eyefinity, it was very much the Only surround-gaming peripheral device available. But now that Eyefinity is out, it's even more pertinent since it directly compares to it.

Oh well.
Maybe you should make a essay on Eyefinity to take your place in the HWC review team:P it would be nice to have you here.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 5, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Martin just write it in French !!!