Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/site-announcements/)
-   -   Hardware Canucks is Looking for (More) Writers (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/site-announcements/27421-hardware-canucks-looking-more-writers.html)

SKYMTL January 5, 2010 11:47 AM

Hardware Canucks is Looking for (More) Writers
 
Hardware Canucks, the site you have all come to know and love is in the process of expanding our writing & editorial staff in order to better meet the expectations of our readership. We have several positions open for interested candidates and look forward to hearing from you!

To read more about the positions click here: Hardware Canucks is Looking for Staff Writers | Hardware Canucks

CMetaphor January 5, 2010 12:19 PM

Ha... once again.

I don't suppose my old TH2Go review still applies... considering i wrote it for the last round of "searching"?

Arinoth January 5, 2010 12:20 PM

I'd love to but i dont think i'm focused into one certain part of hardware over another.

SKYMTL January 5, 2010 12:24 PM

You don't have to be. Look at the current writers and take Lemonlime as an example. He has done reviews of cases and motherboards and in his past reviewing job did coolers and CPUs as well. AkG does storage, coolers, cases, peripherals, etc. Heck, every one of the current reviewers is like a well-honed Swiss Army knife.

One of the things we are looking for is people who can adapt their writing styles to different aspects of the industry.

SKYMTL January 5, 2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 312442)
I don't suppose my old TH2Go review still applies... considering i wrote it for the last round of "searching"?

No.

The TH2Go review shows me that you can put sentences together but since it is a unique product, knowledge of it may not translate into knowledge within one of the areas listed above. Basically, you are half way there. :thumb:

Arinoth January 5, 2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 312450)
You don't have to be. Look at the current writers and take Lemonlime as an example. He has done reviews of cases and motherboards and in his past reviewing job did coolers and CPUs as well. AkG does storage, coolers, cases, peripherals, etc. Heck, every one of the current reviewers is like a well-honed Swiss Army knife.

One of the things we are looking for is people who can adapt their writing styles to different aspects of the industry.

Yeah, i just dont know if i know a product well enough yet, well maybe i am probably just doubting myself. I was told by my prof in material science that i write very good reports (A+ in the course) but i feel i may come up short writing a test review here. Nothing like low self confidence sometimes:thumb:

Edit: Also don't own a digital camera or have access to one until May (when i should be living with the girlfriend again and can have you take pictures with her digital slr camera)

martin_metal_88 January 5, 2010 12:35 PM

Wow there is many place open are we growing this fast? Hope to see new reviewer soon. Would be interesting for me but there is to many lack like...english...that's the biggest one:P Carry one in your search SKY or maybe you can go to TPU and steel some of their reviewer:ph34r:

CMetaphor January 5, 2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 312452)
No.

The TH2Go review shows me that you can put sentences together but since it is a unique product, knowledge of it may not translate into knowledge within one of the areas listed above. Basically, you are half way there. :thumb:

Until the release of Eyefinity, it was very much the Only surround-gaming peripheral device available. But now that Eyefinity is out, it's even more pertinent since it directly compares to it.

Oh well.

martin_metal_88 January 5, 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 312465)
Until the release of Eyefinity, it was very much the Only surround-gaming peripheral device available. But now that Eyefinity is out, it's even more pertinent since it directly compares to it.

Oh well.

Maybe you should make a essay on Eyefinity to take your place in the HWC review team:P it would be nice to have you here.

crazyhorsejohnny January 5, 2010 12:52 PM

Martin just write it in French !!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 PM.