Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah it is the rare item that you have to buy. Dont get me wrong Im always buying things to add into the charts (never to review but to help bulk out the charts a tad)...but thats MY call and you do NOT have to buy anything in order to review it. All items for review will come direct from the mfg'er or similar sources. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 16, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

This is true but you cant exactly review a motherboard without a CPU, memory, etc. You get the component you are reviewing, the rest of the hardware required is on you.
Old February 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Is there a deadline to apply. I'm going to try I think just need to pick up some supplies tommorow for a better photo shoot.

Planning on creating a mock review of my case as an example of my work. Just a shame I haven't finished it yet, darn ocn gt 2150's taking forever.

Hopefully a review of a case would constitute an example for the laptop/desktop review more or less. I don't want to do mock review of my system when it's only 50% complete.
Old February 16, 2012, 07:27 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

There is no timeframe for submissions. However, I would recommend that anyone applying for a certain position show knowledge associated with the reviews that position entails. IE: if you are interested in mobo reviews, sending me pictures and a write up of a case won't really help me make a decision.
Old February 16, 2012, 09:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
There is no timeframe for submissions. However, I would recommend that anyone applying for a certain position show knowledge associated with the reviews that position entails. IE: if you are interested in mobo reviews, sending me pictures and a write up of a case won't really help me make a decision.
Well not the decision they want at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old February 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wish I was a better writer would love to help this great site out.

God knows I do not lack the gear to do so.

Who knows there might be some people in the BC area who are good for the job but don't have the hardware to do so, if there is hit me up as you can always borrow from me I have a bit of everything:)
Old February 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Guess I will try making a review of my system instead of just the case then. Just sucks I haven't actually finished it yet :(

Went out and bought some cardboard and some bristol board to take some better pictures of my hardware today. Hopefully I bought enough, my TJ11 is big.

Edit : Some pics I took today, forgot just how heavy this case was :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...3/nksharp1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...23/nksharp.jpg

Last edited by [nK]Sharp; February 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old February 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

Sent in an email....Thinking positive!
Old June 16, 2012, 11:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Do we need to buy our own benchmark software? If so, how much would it cost for the stuff you use?
Old June 16, 2012, 11:08 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Depends which position. For many of the review categories, we use freely available software.