Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 24, 2009, 05:37 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Oh, and way to wuss out on the questions. Might as well have said 'no comment' :D

From what I saw, the questions were honestly answered since even certain members have toned it down recently.
Old August 24, 2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Is this a free magazine?
Yessir!
Old August 24, 2009, 06:17 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Oh, and way to wuss out on the questions. Might as well have said 'no comment' :D
Shouldn't mentioned "Mr quotable" here, and +1 to what he said. "No Flame wars"? Really? AMD vs Intel never happens? lol. Riiiiiight.

Probably could've gotten some brownie points by mentioning NCIX somewhere in there...

And the "Most popular posters" is fairly obvious, but I guess it wasn't worth singling out anyone Other than 3oh6 (no offense dude). lol.

Still though, I'm not too sure about this e-mag. I mean, they don't even like poutine

Edit: PS: One thing that is very true about the article though: Our HwBot rank is slipping! We were supposed to be trying to break the top 100 teams worldwide! I think I'm gonna go bump that thread.... lol
Old August 24, 2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Shouldn't mentioned "Mr quotable" here, and +1 to what he said. "No Flame wars"? Really? AMD vs Intel never happens? lol. Riiiiiight.
Around here we very rarely get out-of-control flame wars be it ATI vs Nvidia or Intel vs AMD. People debate the issues as they are rather than letting loyalties to a certain manufacturer get in the way.

Quote:
Probably could've gotten some brownie points by mentioning NCIX somewhere in there...
No way, no how. No free advertising from us.

Quote:
And the "Most popular posters" is fairly obvious, but I guess it wasn't worth singling out anyone Other than 3oh6 (no offense dude). lol.

Seriously, what is a "popular" poster? Everyone has posts that stand out for good or bad and everyone here contributes pretty equally to the community. Singling people out for being "popular" is too high schoolish for me.
Old August 24, 2009, 07:23 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
No way, no how. No free advertising from us.
Shame, maybe we would've gotten sponsored deals back again that way. I guess RFD will have them from now on....

I think it would be highschoolish to mention popular posters as well... if they hadn't already asked the question. I don't who was interviewed about the site (Gav im guessing?) but if asked a question i, personally, would try to respond in as best a manner possible - instead of sidestepping the question "We don't have any popular poster on our form". lol.
Old August 24, 2009, 08:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't who was interviewed about the site (Gav im guessing?)
If you had read the bottom on page 39, SKYMTL was the one who answered the questions.

That's a pretty sweet Ezine. And now I'm famous too! BWAHAHAHA.
Old August 24, 2009, 08:08 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I don't care for fame...

Missed seeing Mike's name on the bottom though, my eyes need fixing.
Old August 24, 2009, 08:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I don't care for fame...

Missed seeing Mike's name on the bottom though, my eyes need fixing.
Haha yeah I was just overexaggerating my small excerpt in the E-zine. And don't worry, you won't need glasses or your eyes checked! I only saw Mike's name because I always read fine print! Those Rogers fine prints are harsh!
Old August 24, 2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Shame, maybe we would've gotten sponsored deals back again that way. I guess RFD will have them from now on....
If I have to pimp a manufacturer / retailer in order to get them to support our forum members in any way, shape or form, that company does not deserve to be mentioned...ever. If NCIX thought it was within their best interest to begin the sponsored deals again, they would have.

Quote:
i, personally, would try to respond in as best a manner possible - instead of sidestepping the question "We don't have any popular poster on our form".
So on a forum that is so inclusive we are supposed to single out contributions and contributors as being "popular"? As I said in the interview, everyone pulls their own weight around here and we are better off for it. If this was a popularity contest like some forums are, I wouldn't be here anymore nor would most of the other members.
Old August 24, 2009, 08:31 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
So on a forum that is so inclusive we are supposed to single out contributions and contributors as being "popular"? As I said in the interview, everyone pulls their own weight around here and we are better off for it. If this was a popularity contest like some forums are, I wouldn't be here anymore nor would most of the other members.
If everyone pulled their own weight, then wouldn't be hundreds of members with 1 or 2 posts that only join for contests . People with hundreds or even thousands of posts that help other forum members with problems/troubleshooting/questions should deserve a little recognition once in a while. It's nice sometimes to get a pat on the back saying "thanks for helping everyone one". Not saying we should have named names in the e-mag, but in general its nice to encourage the move active members to continue helping others, don't you think?