HWC News Posters/Writers Needed!
Calling all aspiring writers Hardware Canucks is looking for a few good writers to help us deliver the tech news on a daily basis. Much of the work will be posting up press releases from manufacturers, though options for self written articles and editorials will be available. The news is a daily occurrence and a commitment as such is expected, but its not a day job; the schedule is flexible.
The position is volunteer, though minor compensation will be provided.
Eastern Residents are preferred though Central will also be considered.
- Satisfactory Writing and Grammar skills.
- Working knowledge of IT and Computer Hardware
- Daily commitment to posting news
- General knowledge of web usage and basic photo editing skills (These can be taught but please specify if you are not familiar with these tasks)
- Enthusiasm for keeping up with the world of technology!
- Minimum 5-7 News Posts per week
- Occasional self-written article or editorial
- $25 Gift Card + Bonus / Month (various tech retailers or equal value product) * Subject to change
Those meeting the minimum monthly requirements will receive the base amount. Self written articles and editorials have potential for additional bonus'
How to Apply:
For those interested We are requesting that you submit an original short article about any recent IT event within the past month. It can be about a product release, event coverage, rumour mill report, you name it.
- Average Word Count 250 +-
- Must be in own words No PR re posts or plagiarized content
- Photos may be included to compliment story but not required
- Include Article Title
Please forward all submissions to email@example.com. Title the subject as "HWC News Submission - Your Username". Be sure to provide your forum username!
Application Deadline: On Going
Is the $25 gift card per week?
Editted to clarify
Are you looking for more of a brief news article or would you like long ones too?
I could offer up my "poetry" as weekly news editorials :haha:
Excellent question - Brief is best, though don't let briefness sacrifice on quality :bleh:
Submissions definitely do not need to be long. 250 Words is more of an average. Your welcome to go over (though essay's aren't all that appealing), and free to go under but a word count of 150 is unlikely to showcase writing ability.
Amended the instructions to indicate 250 Average Word count
So... No "poetry" then eh? :bleh:
Do you do Ode's?
<del> FixT, his teeth are big and green, FixT, he smells like gasoline, FixT, ba-da-ba FixT, he is a ginger, I like to, kick gingers!</del>
I take it back - I just wish I was as awesome as FiXT :sad:
LMAO bad poetry gets you banned...watch out Chilly!
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 AM.|