Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Site Announcements (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/site-announcements/)
-   -   HWC News Posters/Writers Needed! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/site-announcements/22149-hwc-news-posters-writers-needed.html)

FiXT August 21, 2009 02:32 PM

HWC News Posters/Writers Needed!

Calling all aspiring writers – Hardware Canucks is looking for a few good writers to help us deliver the tech news on a daily basis. Much of the work will be posting up press releases from manufacturers, though options for self written articles and editorials will be available. The news is a daily occurrence and a commitment as such is expected, but it’s not a day job; the schedule is flexible.

The position is volunteer, though minor compensation will be provided.

Eastern Residents are preferred though Central will also be considered.

Requirements:
- Satisfactory Writing and Grammar skills.
- Working knowledge of IT and Computer Hardware
- Daily commitment to posting news
- General knowledge of web usage and basic photo editing skills (These can be taught but please specify if you are not familiar with these tasks)
- Enthusiasm for keeping up with the world of technology!

Expectations:
- Minimum 5-7 News Posts per week
- Occasional self-written article or editorial

Compensation:
- $25 Gift Card + Bonus / Month (various tech retailers or equal value product) * Subject to change
Those meeting the minimum monthly requirements will receive the base amount. Self written articles and editorials have potential for additional bonus'

How to Apply:

For those interested – We are requesting that you submit an original short article about any recent IT event within the past month. It can be about a product release, event coverage, rumour mill report, you name it.

- Average Word Count 250 +-
- Must be in own words – No PR re posts or plagiarized content
- Photos may be included to compliment story but not required
- Include Article Title

Please forward all submissions to fixt@hardwarecanucks.com. Title the subject as "HWC News Submission - Your Username". Be sure to provide your forum username!

Application Deadline: On Going

silent1mezzo August 21, 2009 03:20 PM

Is the $25 gift card per week?

FiXT August 21, 2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silent1mezzo (Post 243071)
Is the $25 gift card per week?

Sorry thanks for asking. Compensation is on a monthly basis
Editted to clarify

bojangles August 21, 2009 04:24 PM

Are you looking for more of a brief news article or would you like long ones too?

Chilly August 21, 2009 04:51 PM

I could offer up my "poetry" as weekly news editorials :haha:

FiXT August 21, 2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles (Post 243096)
Are you looking for more of a brief news article or would you like long ones too?

Excellent question - Brief is best, though don't let briefness sacrifice on quality :bleh:

Submissions definitely do not need to be long. 250 Words is more of an average. Your welcome to go over (though essay's aren't all that appealing), and free to go under but a word count of 150 is unlikely to showcase writing ability.

Amended the instructions to indicate 250 Average Word count

Chilly August 21, 2009 05:08 PM

So... No "poetry" then eh? :bleh:

FiXT August 21, 2009 05:42 PM

Do you do Ode's?

Linus August 21, 2009 05:49 PM

Poetry:

<del> FixT, his teeth are big and green, FixT, he smells like gasoline, FixT, ba-da-ba FixT, he is a ginger, I like to, kick gingers!</del>

I take it back - I just wish I was as awesome as FiXT :sad:

chrisk August 21, 2009 06:02 PM

LMAO bad poetry gets you banned...watch out Chilly!