Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 21, 2009, 06:09 PM
Allstar

Would you take writers from the west coast if we already get up at 4 am to drink beer and read reviews?
Old August 21, 2009, 06:20 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 of 7 View Post
Would you take writers from the west coast if we already get up at 4 am to drink beer and read reviews?
Definitely considered
The sole reason for looking for Eastern/Central times is as you realized - to get the stories out in the morning when they are released. Currently, it can't be done much before 10AM PST (due to a caffeinated zombie state)

Ideally we would like some articles up by 10AM EST - So that would put a PST at about 6AM?

Any who is up for it it is more than welcome to apply

Last edited by FiXT; August 21, 2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old August 21, 2009, 06:38 PM

How dare you edit my post! Fascist!

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old August 21, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

OMG!!... Burn it with FIRE! Hes back from the dead! :)~

Nice to see you amongst the living again Linus. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 21, 2009, 07:41 PM

And he edited my avatar too.

Beats forthcoming.

ohaithar AkG!

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old August 21, 2009, 10:19 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

So no part timers eh? Navy keeps me too busy with sailing out to god knows where on a regular basis. No way I could commit to a daily routine of scouring the net for the latest and greatest, even though I'm constantly doing just that, lol. When I get a nice cozy shore posting I'll submit my name.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old August 21, 2009, 10:26 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

On second thought maybe I will write up a bit of news. It will be a tad long but folks might be interested to hear how their very own Canadian Forces is using some of the most cutting edge tech you can get. I'm not even joking we just upgraded our shipboard systems to use the super advanced Windows Xp PRO 32bit system yeah that's right I said 32bit, bet you wish you could "Fight with the Canadian Forces" now eh? Next major upgrade for the Fleet....shhhh...don't tell the Russians Microsoft Word! eek I can't wait.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old August 25, 2009, 04:31 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Pelt - We would definitely be interested in longer editorial articles if there are writers interested in submitting them.

Pitch any ideas you have to myself - fixt@hardwarecanucks.com and we can explore possibilities
"Analysts opinion" style articles can be great as well
Old August 27, 2009, 06:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It'd be fun to do, but I'm not getting up at 6AM Pacific to do it. Too bad, I wrote news for a certain major BT site for a while, so I've got some experience.
Old September 1, 2009, 04:38 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I'm a fairly good writer, but I'm also an engineering university student, and thus stay up late to finish stuff and drink, and don't like to get up much before 10. I'm also not used to scouring other sites for news, I pretty much just tend to scan this site every couple days to keep somewhat on top of things. I wish I could help out, but I'm probably not the best qualified.

Shame, too, I've been told that my writing style is very elegant and I should consider becoming an author.