Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2009, 02:15 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Yup - the GPU Client changed all that. Imagine running the contest 2 years ago, with the Clients we had back then...
That was before I started Folding but was one of the reasons I made sure I got a quad, who could of foreseen the Nvidia client turning into such a Folding powerhouse...

Old April 18, 2009, 03:47 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Is there any harm in running the GPU at max in folding (besides temp), like is there any wearing down of the components over prolonged folding sessions?
Old April 18, 2009, 03:55 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Mine Fold 24/7 and are fine so far...

Old April 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Is there any harm in running the GPU at max in folding (besides temp), like is there any wearing down of the components over prolonged folding sessions?
Well if a GPU lasts 10 years, running F@H would make it last maybe 6 years instead? The same rules apply. The more you use/abuse something, the sooner it'll die. At least that's my belief....I haven't actually had anything die on me yet...
Old April 18, 2009, 05:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like 100% power it is then

On another note it doesn't seem to have updated anything on the F@H site - despite a score refresh every hour (so they say). I've finished one protein and have started the 2nd on my Homebuild, The PS3 is still chugging away on the 1st one. Also I not on the HWC team page yet as of tonight. All I did was set my username to SneakySnake and enter the team number (54196 right?) before starting to fold. Did I miss something?
Old April 18, 2009, 05:40 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, it may take a few hours for your WUs to appear.
Old April 18, 2009, 05:46 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Looks like 100% power it is then

On another note it doesn't seem to have updated anything on the F@H site - despite a score refresh every hour (so they say). I've finished one protein and have started the 2nd on my Homebuild, The PS3 is still chugging away on the 1st one. Also I not on the HWC team page yet as of tonight. All I did was set my username to SneakySnake and enter the team number (54196 right?) before starting to fold. Did I miss something?
It can sometimes take awhile for your first WU to register at Stanford, as far as I know they update every two (2) hours. As long as you have the right team number ( which you do) you will be fine.

Once your first WU show's up don't forget to ask for your Folding Tag here Folding tag requests

Edit/ Getting slow in my old age

Old April 18, 2009, 06:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The rating is up now and now I am biting my tongue about my impatient posts earlier
Old April 18, 2009, 07:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
The rating is up now and now I am biting my tongue about my impatient posts earlier
It happens to all of us, glad to have you on the Team...

Old April 18, 2009, 07:27 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Wow you guys are all posting huge numbers! I've been folding for 3 straight days and I only have 3000 points, I don't think I'll get 15,000 in time for the contest.

I think something maybe wrong though, I've got my PS3 folding for HWC and I have my PC folding aswell. My PC is an Athlon 7750 Oc'd to 3.1 GHZ and an ATI 3870. The PS3 has been steady since the 15th and so has the PC.

Shouldn't I have way more points than this? It seems like my PS3 is doing most of the work, maybe I downloaded the CPU program for the PC instead of the GPU one. Can you run both at the same time CPU and GPU?

Tags
contest , fah , folding