My System Specs

Congrates on your win.
Old November 18, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Congratz RJones! Who the heck are you?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 18, 2008, 11:28 AM
Top Prospect

No comment on how winners should be selected, the current rating system I think handles it.

Congrats the winner RJones!
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old November 18, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer-[X] View Post
well, if the number of posts is where its at, well see like the same person always wining then.
Your level or the amount of points you have just determines how many entry's you get, not the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 18, 2008, 04:24 PM
Allstar

[img]facepalm.jpg[/img]
Old November 18, 2008, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Your level or the amount of points you have just determines how many entry's you get, not the winner.
Exactly - and you can compare this to people spending hundreds of $ to buy many lottery tickets, thinking it increases their odds, say for example buy 100 6/49 loto tickets - while the person who purchased only 1 wins the 40 million $ It's all a question of luck.

Congratulations RJones for your win.

However, I'd like to add my 2 cents - I DO agree that sweeps should have more restrictions - and target mostly ACTIVE members who take part in the community, determined by number of posts and % of activity - Not necessarily by the amount of posts, but by the activity level - otherwise you can have just about anybody from the outside who registers just to enter sweeps and never show up. Just my 2 cents 1/2. :)
Old November 19, 2008, 12:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
Exactly - and you can compare this to people spending hundreds of $ to buy many lottery tickets, thinking it increases their odds, say for example buy 100 6/49 loto tickets - while the person who purchased only 1 wins the 40 million $ It's all a question of luck.

Congratulations RJones for your win.

However, I'd like to add my 2 cents - I DO agree that sweeps should have more restrictions - and target mostly ACTIVE members who take part in the community, determined by number of posts and % of activity - Not necessarily by the amount of posts, but by the activity level - otherwise you can have just about anybody from the outside who registers just to enter sweeps and never show up. Just my 2 cents 1/2. :)
Like you said in your first comment "It's all a question of luck" If you stand by both comments you're contradicting yourself. How is it any different if an individual plays lotto649 every week vs someone that just happens to pick up a ticket randomly and wins, are you going to argue the same point?

Just my 2 cents,

EE
Old November 19, 2008, 01:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Like you said in your first comment "It's all a question of luck" If you stand by both comments you're contradicting yourself. How is it any different if an individual plays lotto649 every week vs someone that just happens to pick up a ticket randomly and wins, are you going to argue the same point?

Just my 2 cents,

EE
A lottery and sweepstakes are VERY different.

With the amount of entries that happens in a HWC sweep stake someone with 20 entries should have MUCH higher chances of getting their named pulled than someone who has only had 2 entries submitted.

Thats like 20:1 odds of winning for the person who is more active but it seems to be the opposite on most of these draws and its 1:20 in favor of the least active posters.

People with less posts should only win by fluke not by chance.
Old November 19, 2008, 07:13 AM
Top Prospect

I guess that is what I meant. The more you contribute the more chances you get, that's about as fair a system that can be created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old November 19, 2008, 08:07 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
A lot more than the # of posts are taken into account.

Here is a quick run down taken from this post. Forum Contribution Level.

The points are calculated as follows:

• Days Online (Points that are added for every day since registering) - 2
  • Points for Referrals (Points that are added for every user you refer to this site) - 100
  • Points for Threads (How many points given for single threads) - 2.5
  • Points for Thread Views (How many points given for views on threads) - 0.02
  • Points for Replies to Own Threads (How many points given for replies to own threads) - 0.15
  • Points for Sticky Threads (How many points be given for sticky threads) - 100
  • Points for Posts (How many points given for post made) - 2.3
Top Level is currently - 30

Sweepstakes Entries

• Entering the sweepstakes gives you one (1) entry
  • You will automatically receive one (1) entry for every Level you have achieved.
  • Receive an additional two (2) entries for being an active participant in either Folding@Home(F@H or BOINC).
ex.

User enters Sweepstakes (1 entry)
User is an active Folding member (1 entry)
User have a Contribution Level of 10 (10 entries)

Total entries for this user is 12.

* Extra entries for Folding and Contribution Level are automatically entered (no user input is required).