Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Site Announcements

    
View Poll Results: Which do you like better?
#1 - Thumbs Up 26 28.57%
#2 - Toothpick 65 71.43%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old November 15, 2008, 01:02 AM
MonsterSound's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YYZ
Posts: 691

My System Specs

Default HC shirts

Just want to note that:
a) the red flag wasn't my idea (really it's GAV's fault - for having a cool avatar). I just did a quick mockup to see what slugbug suggested.
btw, you did say to ...have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
...Have Fun!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbug View Post
How about a red maple leaf behind the beaver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Kind of like Gav's avatar?
EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Actually Gav, your avatar with Hardware Canuck in red under it, I would buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
I agree. The site addy would add a friendly touch. The red maple leaf would also show some of our Canadian pride.
Toothpick, dam good, maple leaf and addy.
b) I see your point about another colour adding to cost.
I'm buying whatever is produced as I like all the designs.
(although I for one wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the added red - 2c)
__________________
Code:
 my Heatware,  RFD &  eBay
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old November 15, 2008, 11:12 PM
NyteOwl's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 905
Default

Can't wear it to work? but DAM is something that holds back water :) DAMN is the erstwhile expletive :)
__________________
Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old November 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
hightest's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: calgary
Posts: 386
Default

toothpic 4 sure/i like the dam good part 2/ but if peeps couldnt were it at work how bout using dang good
__________________
Man all this computor stuff is 2 addicting.Even thou i dont need 2 i allways wanna upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old November 27, 2008, 10:28 PM
Patriote's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,167
Default

Whatever you guys end up choosing, I'll take one for sure. I probably would not wear this t-shirt on everyday use since i like to dress up clean but for home and beers in bars, it's cool

+ I don't give a dam whats written on it. Dam Isn't a word i consider offensive or anything. As for the ones that don't like to wear t-shirts with a computer forum name written on it because of girls in mind or because it might make you look like a nerd*, well, it's not the t-shirt that defines someone but it's under and over it (Your face). I say, if you wear bottle ends (Glasses with a very thick glass) then it's for you! (Just joking here ) If not then it would look fun on you.

+ I don't give a DAM what it say personally. I already have the GF ROFL.
__________________
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO
- Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
- Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14

Last edited by Patriote; November 27, 2008 at 10:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old November 29, 2008, 07:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,437

My System Specs

Default

Can't wear it to work? but DAM is something that holds back water :) DAMN is the erstwhile expletive :)

Don't beavers build dams? Don't they chew on wood also?
beaver-dam-toothpick. no vulgarity there.
__________________


EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old November 29, 2008, 11:33 PM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,410

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriote View Post
Whatever you guys end up choosing, I'll take one for sure. I probably would not wear this t-shirt on everyday use since i like to dress up clean but for home and beers in bars, it's cool

+ I don't give a dam whats written on it. Dam Isn't a word i consider offensive or anything. As for the ones that don't like to wear t-shirts with a computer forum name written on it because of girls in mind or because it might make you look like a nerd*, well, it's not the t-shirt that defines someone but it's under and over it (Your face). I say, if you wear bottle ends (Glasses with a very thick glass) then it's for you! (Just joking here ) If not then it would look fun on you.

+ I don't give a DAM what it say personally. I already have the GF ROFL.
Lol I have a wardrobe of shirts from Thinkgeek. Me and my Fiancee have a matching set of this:
ThinkGeek :: 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt

Our idea of fun is staying home, getting drunk and playing maze craze (her fav game) on the Atari.
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old November 30, 2008, 06:49 AM
ipaine's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,082

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Lol I have a wardrobe of shirts from Thinkgeek. Me and my Fiancee have a matching set of this:
ThinkGeek :: 8-Bit Dynamic Life Shirt
Those shirts are awesome. They have tons of good ones there, I got my wife the "I love my geek" one.

But I'm looking forward to a HWC one more. :-)
__________________
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."


Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old November 30, 2008, 07:00 AM
Babrbarossa's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 3,673

My System Specs

Default

I like them both, but I vote for just the Hardware Canucks without the Dam Good
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old November 30, 2008, 12:51 PM
Moneyless's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 303

My System Specs

Default

I like them both but prefer the thumbs up one. :)
__________________
"I hate broccoli
And think it totally sucks
Why is it not meat?"
-Deadpool
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old December 1, 2008, 01:15 AM
Menello's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Posts: 81
Default

I think I like the toothpick more because he has an actual arm.
__________________
The box:
Mobo: eVGA NF66 nForce 650i Ultra SPP
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.03GHz
RAM: 1x2GB
OCZ DDR2-800 PC2-6400
+ 2x2GB Crucial DDR2-800 PC2-6400
= 6GB RAM (finally more than 2GB!)
GPU: XFX GeForce9800GTX+
HDDs: 500 Seagate, 640 GB WD Caviar Black
PSU: CoolerMaster 600W
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes