Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Silver-Zinc batteries

With the ability to hold 40% more than current Lithium batteries. I recently heard that they should be ready by next year with possible laptop sporting the technology this year.

Truth be told I really do not know much about this technology as I recently found out about it but with the current inability of current batteries to sustain enough charge for my current laptop and other devices it appeals to me, but I am sceptical about the cost as it contains silver and its a new technology. But it seems that these actually have other advantages with the fact that they are non toxic and can be recycled without too much difficulty.
Old August 29, 2008, 03:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Silver-oxide battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.