LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28, 2008, 07:47 PM
MVP
F@H

my bad sorry

*fixed
Old August 28, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

At least some of those Abit engineers joined Biostar, and you can see the outcome, Biostar i45 which is currently holding some kind of a world record. But its sad to see Abit leave the grounds, even though the company wasn't well known to lots of people, some of their boards they produced were success, just like the IP35 Pro and the AW9D-Max, IX38 Quad GT.

Oh well..
Old August 29, 2008, 05:03 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I think many people saw this coming. Their last few mobo generations were pretty late to market while sales of their enthusiast boards suffered quite a bit due to lackluster marketing and small quantities.
Old August 29, 2008, 06:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I heard it could happen but didn't expect it to happen this soon. It's too bad, my backup rig is an IC7-G with a P4 3.4GHz HT and Radeon 9800XT which runs on a daily (almost 24/7) basis and has done so for about 4 yrs and except for a couple of HDD's, the board itself has never had any issues or caused any problems. I guess service/updates for it will be gone so I better back up my bios!..lol

Old August 29, 2008, 09:11 AM
MVP
F@H

Yup, this is another that bit the dust, not really apparently they are going to refocus their energy on other products. They will also support thier boards till about 2012..

Quote:
If Abit does retire from the motherboard stage, the firm may not leave customers behind. Hexus.channel implies that Abit will continue to honor product warranties and offer returns for faulty hardware all the way until 2012. Meanwhile, the company will supposedly switch gears and start making consumer electronics products like LCD picture frames and mobile Internet devices Tech Report
Nothing to note at their website or any other sources yet