Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2008, 07:46 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer-[X] View Post
sheesh, who the heck cares? Deos anyone here even KNOW how to make a processor do more than sizzle pixels? Like, I mean, cmon on! get with the program! Are you like running Enterprise Oracle or something? Oh I know! I know! your actually doing a load distributed round robin High availibility web server rack that can with stand a hundred thousand page access a min? Plus, connected to a back end dual processor database server? Its a freakin desktop! And actually, I dont think you can actually tell the differnace between AMD or INTEL unless you have some cheesy application that has a dodgy rep teling you otherwise. ANd htan, out comes all the disclaimers LoL, oh, its got bugs that cant read ACTUAL FSB volts, or something stupid LoL. Last AMD I had it rocked, last Intel I had, it rocked. LAst Geforece card I had, it was kewl, same with radeon. Heck, if it lets me pwn in games, I like it. Like a vehicle, it servers a purpose.
But I can calculate pi faster than you!

;)
Old August 27, 2008, 10:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I smell BS.

And they don't even have a good 3GHz chip out yet, so they'd have no reason to be making a 4GHz chip.
-Deadpool
Old August 28, 2008, 01:16 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
But I can calculate pi faster than you!

;)

Wel, thats prolly tue, BUT, BUT only if your like using like a really really large seed number like 158903 or sumthin really stupid, coz old timers like me? we were actually taught how to do math manually ( EWWW! people used to do that? ) yea, I can prolly figure out pi faster than you can open excel, clunk in a formula in the bar and calculate.
Old August 28, 2008, 01:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer-[X] View Post
sheesh, who the heck cares? Deos anyone here even KNOW how to make a processor do more than sizzle pixels? Like, I mean, cmon on! get with the program! Are you like running Enterprise Oracle or something? Oh I know! I know! your actually doing a load distributed round robin High availibility web server rack that can with stand a hundred thousand page access a min? Plus, connected to a back end dual processor database server? Its a freakin desktop! And actually, I dont think you can actually tell the differnace between AMD or INTEL unless you have some cheesy application that has a dodgy rep teling you otherwise. ANd htan, out comes all the disclaimers LoL, oh, its got bugs that cant read ACTUAL FSB volts, or something stupid LoL. Last AMD I had it rocked, last Intel I had, it rocked. LAst Geforece card I had, it was kewl, same with radeon. Heck, if it lets me pwn in games, I like it. Like a vehicle, it servers a purpose.
Well....i'd wager that a good % of the members here are computer "enthusiasts"..and to us computers are as much a hobby, as a means to an end. That said...if this was true ..which it isn't(look at the fonts on the far left and right in Overdrive...poor Photoshopping) i think a lot of us here would be rather interested in the specifics.
Old August 28, 2008, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Why drive a Mercedes when you can buy an Honda Civic ?

You compare cause you can pay for it and want the best.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old August 28, 2008, 11:28 AM
Rookie

No 4 or 4.4GHz guys....

Quote:
Advanced Micro Devices plans to announce its first desktop microprocessors produced using 45nm process technology on the 8th of January, 2009, the first day of Consumer Electronics Show. The code-named Deneb chips will not get truly high clock-speed boost, but will be able to offer substantially higher performance thanks to larger cache and architectural improvements.

The first desktop processors from AMD made using 45nm process technology will be AMD Phenom X4 chips clocked at 2.80GHz and 3.00GHz, sources familiar with AMD’s plans said. The new processors will support both DDR2 and DDR3 memory, but since the initial chips will be available in socket AM2+ form-factor, the chips will have to rely on dual-channel DDR2 PC2-8500 (1066MHz DDR2) memory.
Link: X-bit labs - AMD’s First 45nm Desktop Microprocessors Set to Arrive on the 8th of January, 2009.
Old August 28, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Wonder who will buy this?
Old August 28, 2008, 01:02 PM
Rookie

You would be surprised how many people bought this story!
Old August 28, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Not the story, amd in general rofl. They are going to need 6Ghz to come close to any intel tech of the same price.
Old August 28, 2008, 01:53 PM
Allstar

I really wish I can get a power 6 processor in a desktop PC. That would kinda settle any dispute no problemo!