Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10, 2007, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Tom's sold for 15million +

Well- I think that the 'sold' part is prbably true, but the price is another thing-

"UPDATE We received an email from Omid Rahmat, CEO of Tom's Publishing LLC confirming a sale.

Omid said: "The rumors flying around are less than accurate. I can only comment on one point, and I do so reluctantly, hoping to avoid more ridiculous rumors.
"TG Publishing, the publisher of Tom's Hardware Guide, has been sold. We expect the deal to close this month, and will make an official announcement at the appropriate time. We believe that there are some very exciting times ahead for the company, and that our readers have a lot to look forward to. I hope that I can share our expectations with you shortly."
UPDATE TWO The word on the street is the buyer is French firm Best of Media, and that negotations have gone on for some months.
A RUMOUR is doing the rounds that long established hardware site, Tom's Hardware, has been sold for a sum of between $15 million to $20 million.
We can't get any confirmation or a denial from the site at press time. But if we do, we'll let you know. So far, no names of a potential acquirer have been mentioned. "

From the Inquirer
Old April 10, 2007, 10:25 PM
MVP
F@H

If they weren't rich before, they are now
Old April 10, 2007, 11:11 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Omid said: "The rumors flying around are less than accurate.

The only 'rumor' I had heard was that they had been sold and it appears it was true. :)