Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Here is a full review of the i7 with benches. Translated from Chinese.
Translated version of http://hardware.mydrivers.com/2/118/118851.htm
Well if that is true then i7 is not my next upgrade.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 20, 2008, 01:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

Yeah no kidding from the benches I have seen besides high bandwidth for a few apps general gaming and photo work can be done just a nicely for the intern with an OC'd Dual or Quad even with the FSB limitations....So I believe I owe some credit to SKYMTL who seems to have called this way way back on the NCIX forum when I first started drooling over this. Now not to say the i7 wont end up being awesome down the road or even at launch but bang for buck is far from worth it at the moment...if you allready have the cooling to handle a good OC.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old October 22, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

And with the %?$/% canadian dollar that keeps on going down, the I7 will be even more expensive...

So it looks like a no for me.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

It is a loose loose scenario - With Higher Oil Prices came a Higher Dollar that meant consumers win on consumer product prices but loose on Gas and Oil prices....with a higher dollar it meant a loss of many manufacturing jobs as it became more expensive to produce in Canada as the dollar goes back down Oil doesn't go down with it...prices increase rapidly and the manufacturing jobs are already gone and take years to recover so in reality Canada needs high oil prices if we want our dollar on par with the US.

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Old October 25, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA switches sides and jumps on the Intel train with new X58 board

EVGA's X58
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 26, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

thats a damn clean looking board.
Old October 26, 2008, 04:24 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwestwell View Post
It is a loose loose scenario - With Higher Oil Prices came a Higher Dollar that meant consumers win on consumer product prices but loose on Gas and Oil prices....with a higher dollar it meant a loss of many manufacturing jobs as it became more expensive to produce in Canada as the dollar goes back down Oil doesn't go down with it...prices increase rapidly and the manufacturing jobs are already gone and take years to recover so in reality Canada needs high oil prices if we want our dollar on par with the US.
That's pretty much correct except for one more thing, everyone thinks the U.S dollar will hold even if the country is in chaos on the market people around the world are putting money into their dollar raising its value.
Old October 26, 2008, 06:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

one semi-bright spot is that almost everyone agree's that canadian dollar is oversold for now. So, we should get some of the value back.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 26, 2008, 04:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

Evga is by far my favourite company in the gpu and mobo industry, i may just have to hold off on a mobo and cpu upgrade to go with their board and an i7
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old October 26, 2008, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

EVGA is really great, there is no company that can even compete from a customer service standpoint. I like their mobo; we'll see how everything looks at launch - I'll always buy their GPU's though!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.