Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2008, 05:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

There was a review of the TRUE on a i7 and it is the same Heatsink, only a different bracket. I was surprised so I asked the question on NCIX.com and I got the confirmation that it will be a bracket adjustment and not a whole heatsink for the TRUE. And they seemed to implie that it will be the same fot the majority of the heatsink out there. Now, maybe someone will get new better suited heat sink out there that give a better performance, but it seems you'll be able to use some of the current one with a simple new bracket.

I'll try to find the thread...

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 19, 2008, 10:11 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Here is a full review of the i7 with benches. Translated from Chinese.
Translated version of http://hardware.mydrivers.com/2/118/118851.htm
Old October 19, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, it's hard to know how to take those Chinese web site leaks, but if they're legit, there seems to be a mild improvement in single-core performance as well. Hope so.
Old October 19, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The chips really arn't really too much bigger, they are only slightly longer in one direction; it was the clearance space around the chip that grew beyond current cpu brackets, I was actually looking at my TRUE and wondering if I could make my own bracket the other day haha, guess I won't have to now!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 19, 2008, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fudzilla

MSI Breaks memory bandwidth record.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 19, 2008, 10:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

theres no more fsb right? can someone explain how that works? :) thanks
Old October 19, 2008, 10:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

The more X58 boards and processors look tempting, the more I run away from them, I might be one of those few who can't afford to buy it..

Unless it is more affordable, so far I've seen most X58 boards are priced over $350 and processors are way too expensive too. I rather just buy myself a good Quad, a good overclocking lga775 board, 2 4870's (not a huge fan of too big screens), maybe even a DDR3 memory board, some nice DDR3 memory, and I'm set.

But that Rampage II Extreme, the board has been really looked at and they have really changed the layout, like bringing their on/off, overclocking buttons on a different spot right under the ATX 24pin, kind of surprised to see no heatpipe cooling.
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 20, 2008, 08:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
theres no more fsb right? can someone explain how that works? :) thanks

Same way AMD has their systems basically, no FSB and the memory controller is directly on the CPU.
Old October 20, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Fudzilla

MSI Breaks memory bandwidth record.
Neat, but some other details make me a little queasy. 1.576 Vcore to hold a little over 4GHz? I can only hope that the limits that apply to the Penryn stuff are no longer applicable.
Old October 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
Allstar

Interesting... Maybe I could reuse my precious Scythe Ninja rev.A. All I will probably need to do is get 2 small slices of metal to attach to the board, and then attach my heatsink clips into that metal. I'm just not too keen on the idea of not having the proper size heatspreader for my heatsink.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro