Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2018, 10:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

with them letting us price match and great service I would always get from them it sad to hear they got money issues
Old January 7, 2018, 10:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
later resurface under another name, and start over as though they're a completely new company
And they'll make their true dream store selling sittin chicken steamers, pink tents and a strange fashion line!
Old January 8, 2018, 12:50 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah, the only reason I can think of, that they started selling all that oddball, non-tech-related stuff, is that the profit margin(s) on those items must've been so good they couldn't resist, even though selling that stuff through a computer business just looked cheesy as hell.
Old January 8, 2018, 06:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

through resources, I was told that the reason they collapsed is their expansion into Ontario failed. somehow they leveraged their credit limit with one of their disti partners to pay for that expansion, leaving them with a giant gaping wound.

I've also heard of other issues, but won't mention until it's out in the courts...otherwise it could be considered libel.
Old January 8, 2018, 09:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Yeah, the only reason I can think of, that they started selling all that oddball, non-tech-related stuff, is that the profit margin(s) on those items must've been so good they couldn't resist, even though selling that stuff through a computer business just looked cheesy as hell.
Newegg in USA has all sorts of non-tech items including automotive parts. None of this is available for .ca of course.
Old January 9, 2018, 06:50 PM
Allstar

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2ff03...c31ff5f33d.pdf

In case inquisitive eyes want to have a look ^. It's oldish news but interesting to skim through.
Old January 13, 2018, 04:25 PM
Rookie

I've been trying to reach anyone from NCIX since before Christmas in regards to my order and ZERO reply. Some of the order was using those points I had gathered up but still sucks!
Old January 13, 2018, 04:36 PM
Top Prospect

Digipack, as was mentioned on the NCIX forums, and here too(I believe), if you paid for part of that order via credit card, do a chargeback on the card, because at this point in time you ARE NOT going to get a response from a company that's in bankruptcy because they owe millions of dollars.

In case you're not aware of it, or just haven't read it, check out the pdf linked to in the post directly above yours - it's rather eye-opening.
Old January 14, 2018, 05:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
through resources, I was told that the reason they collapsed is their expansion into Ontario failed. somehow they leveraged their credit limit with one of their disti partners to pay for that expansion, leaving them with a giant gaping wound.

I've also heard of other issues, but won't mention until it's out in the courts...otherwise it could be considered libel.
LInus said as much during the wanshow. It was said that their expansion into Ontario cost them a ton of debt because they wanted big huge stores with lots of staff. this was there mistake I believe they grew too quick and cash flow could not keep up with there debt flow.

p.s Canada computers just launched stores in Burnaby and somewhere else to help kill the competition
Old January 14, 2018, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

yep, they took over NCIX Burnaby and Vancouver locations. which pissed off Memory Express, so they took the vacancy across the street from Canada Computer to become a thorn in their side.

should be interesting to watch the fireworks.