Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Are you guys 5 or what? All we were saying was wait and see, then if you want complain away.

Besides with a $399 price tag, what is there to complain about?
Old May 30, 2013, 08:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Are you guys 5 or what? All we were saying was wait and see, then if you want complain away.

Besides with a $399 price tag, what is there to complain about?
Complain? The whole point of this thread is to celebrate that nvidia is giving us such great hardware at an unbelievable price point!

Let's not even call it a "rebadged" 680, it's more like a suped up gtx680!!

Gonna be able to play BF4 with all the bells and whistles @ 1080p (and stay at 60 fps I hope!!), and the 4gb flavour is gonna be perfect for an overkill sli rig (for 1080p). Gonna upgrade to this in a few months.
Old May 31, 2013, 05:35 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

No it was AMD fanbois and page whoring site 'info' that started this thread. Cant believe how many peeps fall for this joWHOREnalism BS every gen. That fake BIOS perfectly sums up this thread.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 31, 2013, 05:38 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

People are forgetting the upgraded memory. To me, the second you add difference components, it is no longer a re-badged card.
Old May 31, 2013, 05:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
No it was AMD fanbois and page whoring site 'info' that started this thread. Cant believe how many peeps fall for this joWHOREnalism BS every gen. That fake BIOS perfectly sums up this thread.
AkG.... are you mad because.... 770 is really just a 680 rebadge?

I guess you were right in a way though, they didn't actually use the 680 PCB - they didn't use any PCB at all Can't call a non-existent reference PCB a rebadge! Smart one Nvidia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
People are forgetting the upgraded memory. To me, the second you add difference components, it is no longer a re-badged card.
It's technically not a rebadge of course. But in spirit, it's a rebadge. Memory makes almost no performance difference anyways, 7970's 384-bit bus can't be matched with higher clock speeds. And the 10-20% mem clock speed boosts gave it a whole 7% advantage at 2560x1600.... Which looks to be mostly because of the core boost.

So would you call any non-reference PCB worthy of using a different name then? 680 Lightings should be 685's! 680 Classified? That's a 686!

I don't think we should necessarily be glad this card was a rebadge. The price drop is awesome, but why not just make the 680 $50 or $70 dollars cheaper? And for that matter, why does Nvidia selling a clearly worse 680 for months = business as usual, yet the INSTANT they pull a few percent of AMD, "AMD's totally behind and off their game, I can't believe they POSSIBLY could keep selling the 7970GE for $450"....
Old May 31, 2013, 06:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
AkG.... are you mad because.... 770 is really just a 680 rebadge?

I guess you were right in a way though, they didn't actually use the 680 PCB - they didn't use any PCB at all Can't call a non-existent reference PCB a rebadge! Smart one Nvidia!

It's technically not a rebadge of course. But in spirit, it's a rebadge. Memory makes almost no performance difference anyways, 7970's 384-bit bus can't be matched with higher clock speeds. And the 10-20% mem clock speed boosts gave it a whole 7% advantage at 2560x1600.... Which looks to be mostly because of the core boost.

So would you call any non-reference PCB worthy of using a different name then? 680 Lightings should be 685's! 680 Classified? That's a 686!

I don't think we should necessarily be glad this card was a rebadge. The price drop is awesome, but why not just make the 680 $50 or $70 dollars cheaper? And for that matter, why does Nvidia selling a clearly worse 680 for months = business as usual, yet the INSTANT they pull a few percent of AMD, "AMD's totally behind and off their game, I can't believe they POSSIBLY could keep selling the 7970GE for $450"....

Sushi I have spent the last 48 hours looking all over my 770's that came in the mail and I just cant find it? Do you know where they hid it? is it under the stickers? where is this re badge I just cant find anything that says 680 on these cards. Can you enlighten me?

Joking aside calm the fudge down the 770 is a sexy ass card with tons of power and all new components and style yes it has similarities but so does your mom to Peris mom... their both women:P

Get over it fanboi's because this is just retarded.. and before you chime in that I am an Nvidia fan I will be honest and say I love AMD products my FM1 and FM2 rigs do way more then many reviewers ever said possible and I have owned pretty much ATI/AMD's entire line of GPU's all the way back to the ATI 9500 pro days and even before that.

To dedicate even another second to this argument is pointless
Old May 31, 2013, 06:26 AM

You know what Sushi. Enjoy you AMD cards. Honestly I its crap like what you spew that makes it an 'us vs them' equation and allow the BS page whore sites to constantly pull the shit they do. IE fanbois ruin it for everyone else.

You want to believe the 770 is really a 680. Go for it. You are wrong, but whatever lets you think your choice in GPU was 'the right' choice.

Here is a protip...there is no 'right' or 'best' choice...and no one but fanbois like yourself give a shit. So grow up.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 31, 2013, 07:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
You know what Sushi. Enjoy you AMD cards. Honestly I its crap like what you spew that makes it an 'us vs them' equation and allow the BS page whore sites to constantly pull the shit they do. IE fanbois ruin it for everyone else.

You want to believe the 770 is really a 680. Go for it. You are wrong, but whatever lets you think your choice in GPU was 'the right' choice.

Here is a protip...there is no 'right' or 'best' choice...and no one but fanbois like yourself give a shit. So grow up.
The big issue here is you feel like I have some kind of ulterior motive. I guess I do, know what it is? I want what I want. And what I _don't_ want is rebranding and crap like this. I want GK105 or GK103, not GK104 ad nauseum. I don't have a problem with Nvidia as a company whatsoever, I just don't like what the Titan represents and I don't like rebranding. It's not "us vs them", there is no "us" or "them", it's me voicing my opinion about what I, as a consumer, want out of a product. What I don't want is Nvidia to sit on their laurels selling cards for more they are worth because of some kind of brand image. I want serious competition, I want AMD and Nvidia on their toes. I certainly don't want some kind of one-sided market where either Nvidia or AMD can get away with stuff like Intel does.

Also, the hypocrisy of saying "There is no 'right' choice" and then saying "You are wrong" is absolutely laughable. You're vilifying me when I'm simply a consumer voicing my opinion. And my opinion is: rebranding is a shitty money grab. So I'm not just gonna praise Nvidia for what I dislike. What I want is updates, some kind of refresh at least. And this is NOT it.
Old May 31, 2013, 08:17 AM

OK Reading comprehension 101. I will try and use small words.

Read what I said, not what you think I said.

I said you were wrong to think the 770 is a 680 rebadge. This is called reading the full sentence and is very important to understanding an idea or concept being conveyed.

Show me a 680 with 7K stock - ie not after the fact OC'ed - ram. No cant do it? Show me a stock 680 on the 680 launch day that cost 4 bills. No? Cant do it. Then they are different. This is the concept I am conveying to you.

I said there is no best choice, there is no right choice. Everyone is different, but only fanbois give a crap about such BS terms like 'best' or 'right'.

IE the message I was conveying in that sentence is (I know another sentence and another idea all together! It can get confusing!!!1111): Listening to fanbois gets tiresome. You have an ulterior motive and calling NV on 'rebadging' and NOT calling AMD on their similar moves show what it is: you are a Fanboi. Where was your indignation when the 7970 GHz edition was released? I called it a good card and have purchased them for customer builds. I buy both AMD and NV. I will buy the 770s. I wont be buying more 7970GHz'ers though as they are no longer a good deal. When AMDs new kit comes out and proves itself....yup I will used them in builds to.

Old May 31, 2013, 08:18 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Also, the hypocrisy of saying "There is no 'right' choice" and then saying "You are wrong" is absolutely laughable. You're vilifying me when I'm simply a consumer voicing my opinion. And my opinion is: rebranding is a shitty money grab. So I'm not just gonna praise Nvidia for what I dislike. What I want is updates, some kind of refresh at least. And this is NOT it.
How is this an example of a money-grab? All of the facts are available for a consumer to make an educated purchase decision. There is no deceit. What matters is the value [practical performance, features, benefits] one gets for the price paid, and this has inarguably improved on the 770 vs the 670.

Text communications results in all kinds of miscommunications, but I have to say that you're coming off as inexplicably emotional about a topic that should not be.

Last edited by Desiato; May 31, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
Closed Thread