Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2013, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Well actually we dont KNOW its going to be a 104 and not 110. We dont know if the architecture has been tweaked. We dont know jack right now. What we think we know is the cooler will be a Titan cooler....and thats about it. The rest is just certain websites page whoring...and it really disgusts me when any site does this. That crap belong on BS sites like semiaccurate and the like.
Wanna bet that it is just GK104 with a modest overclock? There's no way EVERYONE can be simultaneously wrong about it unless Nvidia runs the tightest ship in the industry (and trust me, that ain't so).
Old May 14, 2013, 02:50 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

No but it is possible that they are all wrong like the rumors around the 580 were wrong "oh its just a 480 with blah blah blah". Would not surprise me to see the 770 be what the '680 was supposed to be' kinda deal. It will annoy me IF the 770 is nothing but a slightly OC'ed 680 but I am willing to keep an open mind UNTIL it lands. Until then its just page whoring.

As for the BIOS...rofl if anyone actually fell for that...I hope they bricked their card AND are denied RMA as that was such as stupid hoax.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 15, 2013, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

To all those that go as far as to "bork" there 680's with an unsupported BIOS Flash...well done ;)

GeForce GTX 680 Can Be Flashed To GeForce GTX 770
Old May 15, 2013, 09:54 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm confused. Can someone tell me what the hell is wrong with getting a 680 at a 670 pricepoint? I'm saying it like it's a good thing, seeing as a 680 can beat the hell outta mostly any title at max settings at 1080p.

To clarify, i'm very happy if the 770 is a re-badged 680. Such hate attacks, can't believe it on this site.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Actually, this didn't happen. I stumbled upon this GeForce GTX 680 Can Be Flashed to GTX 770? | techPowerUp

The guy lied if you read this article thoroughly. He sure got a lot of people's hopes up.

On the other hand, I am suspicious that we are going to see reviews come this morning or Friday morning.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

As always, speculation is fine but make no decisions / assumptions till it's confirmed / reviewed.

If the 780 770 etc are priced like 680 670 etc were on release.. what is there to complain about? The architecture is good and getting a step up in performance for the same cost shouldn't be balked at.
And thats if there are no revisions to the core at all let alone if it's not based on the Titan core (a cut down version or revised 680 and I'll be happy enough.)

depending on the numbers I'm not sure if I'll get a second 670 or a 780.. Need a new PSU if it's dual 670's though so I'm very 50/50 at the mo.
Old May 16, 2013, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For me if the 780 is just a slightly cut down Titan, and it is going for around $600 (preferably lower) give or take a bit then I will really take a good hard look at one. Basically it would have to be a decent step up from my dual 580s.

Old May 18, 2013, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

While not outright saying it is for the GTX780, we are all pretty sure that it is. Here is the teaser for the ACX cooler from Evga.

EVGA ACX - Teaser Trailer - YouTube

So this just about confirms it, not that it wasn't already, May 23rd will be the day for the 700 series.

Old May 18, 2013, 09:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Some seem to forget that on average, people buying GPUs upgrade every SECOND generation.

If a 700-series is on its way, it is geared towards people upgrading from the GTX 500-series much like the initial Kepler cards were targeted at 400-series buyers.

And no, you can't just flash a GTX 680 and expect a new product. That's hilarious.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Some seem to forget that on average, people buying GPUs upgrade every SECOND generation.

If a 700-series is on its way, it is geared towards people upgrading from the GTX 500-series much like the initial Kepler cards were targeted at 400-series buyers.

And no, you can't just flash a GTX 680 and expect a new product. That's hilarious.
See that is where I am, 580SLI. I am a little dissapointed with the 3GB memory that it looks like the 780 will have right away as I was hoping for 4 or 6, but it won't stop me from wanting one. I guess the big thing for me will be if it is going to be a step up from my 580s when gaming at 2560x1440.

I take it that Sky will have a review up on the 23rd? Or can you not say anything about that yet?

Closed Thread