Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2013, 03:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bc View Post
Something like that is holy crap expensive....

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 7, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Assuming that this even exists....I doubt it will cost more than a 690. That would just be stupid. My guess it will be a '685' and cost right between a 680 and 690.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 8, 2013, 01:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thats assuming it's slower than a 690... All we can do is wait and see but it's fun to speculate. :P

Also remember where that site is... we get shafted in Europe on GPU prices.. a 690 is $1100 - $1350 on that site and this is after nearly a year of wide-spread availability
(there were no shortages in Europe like there was over there for the first few months)

1300 for there will probably translate to $800 RRP but with many places charging a premium simply for having stock.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:12 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

For that price I'd hope it comes with a whole CASE of lube. :P

I doubt it will be faster than a 690 as that is basically 2x 680s. Thats a hell of a lot of power for one chip in the same gen to beat. But yeah speculation is always fun. My S.W.A.G. is its right in between a 680 and 690 on performance....maybe a bit better on power per watt basis. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old February 8, 2013, 02:02 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

If it'll be 80-90% of the 690 at 750-800$, I'd buy it with a heartbeat.
Old February 8, 2013, 08:27 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
If it'll be 80-90% of the 690 at 750-800$, I'd buy it with a heartbeat.
Same here, but I would also want to purchase at minimum a 5 year warranty haha.
Old February 8, 2013, 08:38 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Try to remember that if anything, you'll likely pay a premium since we're taking single vs dual GPU cards. Hence, greater potential to avoid the performance loss normally associated with dual GPU cards.

To me, that's worth a price equal to a GTX 690 even if this mythical "Titan" ends up getting 80% of a GTX 690's performance.
Old February 8, 2013, 09:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

But the Kepler architecture (as well as the 680/690) was introduced almost a year ago... the performance per $ ratio should improve over time... I will NOT pay more money for less performance (or the same money for less performance) relatively to last year's offerings.
Old February 8, 2013, 09:24 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
But the Kepler architecture (as well as the 680/690) was introduced almost a year ago... the performance per $ ratio should improve over time... I will NOT pay more money for less performance (or the same money for less performance) relatively to last year's offerings.
You are looking at charts only which rarely tell the full story. When you pay $1000 for a GPU, the last thing you want is to get 50% of its potential in new games due to missing or faulty multi card profiles. A single GPU card with almost as much performance would (IMO) arguably be of better value since it will suffer from none of those issues.

Under no circumstance should the perf / $ ratio improve either. Only when new cards are on the VERY near horizon will discounts be started. That's a hallmark of a healthy market. If midlife cards were being discounted, it would be something to worry about.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

You're saying that NVIDIA's current gen is just in it's midlife?