Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2008, 08:15 AM
Rookie

VMWare - end of story, end of argument. This currently doesn't help hardcore gamers, but then again...

Quote:
Game sales for the year were weighted very heavily in favor of the consoles. In fact, PC games accounted for only 9.5 percent of total gaming sales.
Edit for source for those interested.
Growth of gaming in 2007 far outpaces movies, music

Oh, and XP is nowhere near dead :P
Old October 25, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yep switching OS is like moving to a new house, except in vista theres all those locks on rooms and bathrooms that you have to spend a lot of time to unlock, but once you get used to it, it should be ok

when i first got my vista basic on febuary 2008 i was so piss of at it, this wont work that wont work, compatibility were the issues. But ever since vista came out, programers started to build/write vista compatible programs.

i too still prefer my "OLD" XP OS, why? because it is still really reliable and usable.

We should make a polls for who prefers XP or vista

I bet most of us already know whos the winner

(dont know much about os, just an idoit saying what he likes )
Old October 26, 2008, 08:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh.... nice little nugget on the faq for the latest security update.....

Quote:
Is the Windows 7 Pre-Beta release affected by this vulnerability?
Yes. This vulnerability was reported after the release of Windows 7 Pre-Beta. Customers running Windows 7 Pre-Beta are encouraged to download and apply the update to their systems. On Windows 7 Pre-Beta systems, the vulnerable code path is only accessible to authenticated users. This vulnerability is not liable to be triggered if the attacker is not authenticated, and therefore would be rated Important.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS08-067 – Critical: Vulnerability in Server Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution (958644)

I wanna know where I can get my copy of windows 7 Pre-Beta....

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 27, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Updates already for Windows 7 wow :) Guess it's time to talk about Windows 7 SP1 :)
Old November 5, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
Updates already for Windows 7 wow :) Guess it's time to talk about Windows 7 SP1 :)
Let sage continue of "buy now patch later"
Old November 5, 2008, 02:57 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I never did get Syndicate to run after Win95A...

We can't switch over to Vista at work because a lot of our own software was written in dinosaur languages. I still periodically have to use stuff that was done in Turbo Pascal ffs. As a small company we don't have the $$$ to get these programs re-written to work with Vista. We also utilize industrial grade handheld PC's running WinCE 3 and 5 that communicate with a PC serially, serial communications won't work in Vista, USB to Serial gizmo's - won't work either.