Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Haswell production to start in Q4 2012

As the title states. Wonder when they will hit retail shelves.

Intel to Start Production of Haswell Chips in Q4, Despite Slow Demand - X-bit labs
Old October 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ooo this is good! The sooner the better! Hopefully by like March or April would be nice. I hope they will be able to hit over 5.0ghz as a standard with good cooling and proper settings.

Old October 17, 2012, 09:39 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Nothing about volume production. This is RISK production, if anything.
Old February 11, 2013, 07:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

If it is going to be built on a 22nm chip it should hit 5gigs easy unless heat gets in the way.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Old February 11, 2013, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Nothing about volume production. This is RISK production, if anything.
Quote:
it will start initial volume manufacturing of its next-generation Haswell central processing units this quarter.

We expect an increase in inventory reserves as we start production on our next-generation micro architecture product code-named Haswell, which we expect to qualify for sale in the first quarter of 2013," said Stacy Smith, chief financial officer of Intel
Obviously it will be subject to no issues being found in either design or manufacturing. Just like OS's I'll give it 8 months or more before I jump on any band-wagons.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wish there were more info regarding this. I am pondering a system "refresh" based on upcoming LGA2011 processors but also a "sidegrade" (if no upgrades in sight )
Old April 17, 2013, 09:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Wish there were more info regarding this. I am pondering a system "refresh" based on upcoming LGA2011 processors but also a "sidegrade" (if no upgrades in sight )
I'll wait for Gen2 before I go with an item that has a USB flaw in it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 17, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The flaw is not really a big flaw. It only effects - reportedly - effects USB 3.0 devices which are attached when you put the system 'to sleep'. Restart any progs that mess up is the short term solution...and thats the scope of the problem. It shouldnt - reportedly...from what I heard - effect USB 2 devices. So as long as you dont leave your USB 3 stroage drive plugged in...and / or make sure to save your work before before putting the system into low power mode....you will be fine...or atleast that is what I have heard. Wont know for sure UNTIL it lands...but thats what I have heard :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
The flaw is not really a big flaw. It only effects - reportedly - effects USB 3.0 devices which are attached when you put the system 'to sleep'. Restart any progs that mess up is the short term solution...and thats the scope of the problem. It shouldnt - reportedly...from what I heard - effect USB 2 devices. So as long as you dont leave your USB 3 stroage drive plugged in...and / or make sure to save your work before before putting the system into low power mode....you will be fine...or atleast that is what I have heard. Wont know for sure UNTIL it lands...but thats what I have heard :)
In the grand scheme of things, its okay for an enthusiast like myself because I never go low power mode (not after a big fiasco with some older stuff and W7 Sleep Mode). However, getting sent something that is flawed at the start is the part that irks me.
If reports are true.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com