Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   Haswell production to start in Q4 2012 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/57344-haswell-production-start-q4-2012-a.html)

Bond007 October 17, 2012 01:42 PM

Haswell production to start in Q4 2012

As the title states. Wonder when they will hit retail shelves.

Intel to Start Production of Haswell Chips in Q4, Despite Slow Demand - X-bit labs

Apathetik October 17, 2012 09:26 PM

Ooo this is good! The sooner the better! Hopefully by like March or April would be nice. I hope they will be able to hit over 5.0ghz as a standard with good cooling and proper settings.

SKYMTL October 17, 2012 09:39 PM

Nothing about volume production. This is RISK production, if anything.

elmorejohn46 February 11, 2013 07:54 AM

If it is going to be built on a 22nm chip it should hit 5gigs easy unless heat gets in the way.

Dzzope February 11, 2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 663515)
Nothing about volume production. This is RISK production, if anything.

Quote:

it will start initial volume manufacturing of its next-generation Haswell central processing units this quarter.

We expect an increase in inventory reserves as we start production on our next-generation micro architecture product code-named Haswell, which we expect to qualify for sale in the first quarter of 2013," said Stacy Smith, chief financial officer of Intel
Obviously it will be subject to no issues being found in either design or manufacturing. Just like OS's I'll give it 8 months or more before I jump on any band-wagons.

stoanee April 17, 2013 08:40 AM

Wish there were more info regarding this. I am pondering a system "refresh" based on upcoming LGA2011 processors but also a "sidegrade" (if no upgrades in sight :blarg:)

Soultribunal April 17, 2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoanee (Post 703840)
Wish there were more info regarding this. I am pondering a system "refresh" based on upcoming LGA2011 processors but also a "sidegrade" (if no upgrades in sight :blarg:)

I'll wait for Gen2 before I go with an item that has a USB flaw in it.

-ST

AkG April 17, 2013 10:16 AM

The flaw is not really a big flaw. It only effects - reportedly - effects USB 3.0 devices which are attached when you put the system 'to sleep'. Restart any progs that mess up is the short term solution...and thats the scope of the problem. It shouldnt - reportedly...from what I heard - effect USB 2 devices. So as long as you dont leave your USB 3 stroage drive plugged in...and / or make sure to save your work before before putting the system into low power mode....you will be fine...or atleast that is what I have heard. Wont know for sure UNTIL it lands...but thats what I have heard :)

Soultribunal April 17, 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 703860)
The flaw is not really a big flaw. It only effects - reportedly - effects USB 3.0 devices which are attached when you put the system 'to sleep'. Restart any progs that mess up is the short term solution...and thats the scope of the problem. It shouldnt - reportedly...from what I heard - effect USB 2 devices. So as long as you dont leave your USB 3 stroage drive plugged in...and / or make sure to save your work before before putting the system into low power mode....you will be fine...or atleast that is what I have heard. Wont know for sure UNTIL it lands...but thats what I have heard :)

In the grand scheme of things, its okay for an enthusiast like myself because I never go low power mode (not after a big fiasco with some older stuff and W7 Sleep Mode). However, getting sent something that is flawed at the start is the part that irks me.
If reports are true.

-ST