Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2012, 07:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Talk about completely useless monitors. At first I was intriguing, that was until I saw the resolution of these, 2560x1080. That is such a crap resolution for something that size. All they are doing is taking my great 27" at 2560x1440 and squishing it down to make it a tiny bit wider at a huge loss of 380 pixels in height.

Just why would you want this? As many have mentioned already the screens are wide enough it is height that we need. Now if say they had down a resolution of say 3414x1440 or 3792x1600 then I could see this being something to get interested about, but as they are now they just are not good compared to the existing 27's.

You are probably right that it won't be as good as a 27" but a lot too depends on price point. Some People want wider, or for me at work this would be better than doing it with multi 19's etc. It really depends on the market, and how they position it. I see it as more of a workstation Screen than anything else. Still, would be nice to try one out just to compare.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 3, 2012, 11:05 AM
Rookie

I actually see what people are talking about resolution wise now, I would enjoy it if it had a higher resolution. I think I'mm just get a 16:10 30" monitor. What I am looking forward to the most is the eyefinity rigs, because i know there will be some crazy opportunities and setups in the future with the release of these monitors.
Old October 3, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Old October 3, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

resolution is silly low. And yeah, Personally I'm a big fan of 16:10. I like my extra vertical pixels. Even with all the uses I can think of I'd much rather keep my setup of 3 over it. My monitors arent set up in a strait line after all, there is quite a bit of angle in my outer ones. What ever happened to the curved monitor from a while back
Old October 3, 2012, 12:53 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah if this was a higher res it would be sweet. As it stands it looks like all they did was take a 1920x1080 27" monitor and tack on a couple extra inches to the width to boost the res a bit. This will create a less than optimal image..unless you sit waaaayyyy back from it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 3, 2012, 09:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm all for more horizontal screen real-estate if you only use one monitor... but this is garbage for surround/eyefinity. I think the 16:9 is the widest I'd go for 3 monitors side by side... unless it was one super wide monitor ;)

I have no complaints if the horizontal screen real-estate is there as long as they don't kill off the vertical screen space too much! Nothing worse than constantly scrolling up and down all the time :( Yep yep... TVs are supposed to hit 2k and 4k resolutions in the next couple years... please do the same to computer monitors ASAP!!! I drool at the high pixel/inch count of "retina" style displays and dream of that on my computer (yet I shudder at the though of needing tri-680s and the cost of the monitors).
Old October 8, 2012, 07:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I want taller monitors too, enough with the +1ft tall monitors
Old October 14, 2012, 09:41 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I still prefer my 16x10 monitor over my 16x9 one. This is way too wide... But I could use one vertically aside one or two other monitors.
Old October 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Will any of these be 120hz that you guys know of? I am either going to get a 120hz 27", or would definitely consider a 29" super wide if they had 120hz as an option, not just 60.