Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   AMD FX-Series "Vishera" Microprocessors Available for Pre-Order Online.(update) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/56838-amd-fx-series-vishera-microprocessors-available-pre-order-online-update.html)

terrybear September 20, 2012 09:31 PM

AMD FX-Series "Vishera" Microprocessors Available for Pre-Order Online.(update)

Xbitlabs reports:

" BLT store recently started to take pre-orders on four AMD FX "Vishera" chips, models FX-8350, FX8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 that are priced at $253, $242, $175 and $131, respectively. While the FX-8350 and FX-6300 were expected to be released in the first group of the new FX processors, the other two were not supposed to be launched in the first consignment, which shows that AMD has adjusted its plans.

According to CPU World world web-site, specifications of the chips currently listed for pre-orders are as follows:
  • AMD FX-8350 - eight-core, 4.0GHz/4.20GHz, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 cache, 125W - $253
  • AMD FX-8320 - eight-core, 3.50GHz/4.0GHz, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 cache, 125W - $242
  • AMD FX-6300 - six-core, 3.50GHz/4.10GHz, 6MB L2 + 8MB L3 cache, 95W - $175
  • AMD FX-4300 - quad-core, 3.80GHz/4.0GHz, 4MB L2 + 8MB L3 cache, 95W - $131 "
AMD FX-Series "Vishera" Microprocessors Available for Pre-Order Online - X-bit labs

:thumb:

Xbitlabs further reports:

" AMD plans to formally unwrap its long-awaited performance chip code-named Vishera on the 23th of October , according to a source. The launch details are scarce at the moment and we do not exactly know whether the company intends to unlock embargo on product reviews only, or start a massive product launch with high-availability. In previous cases, the company started to sell the product in high volume in the channel the same day as produce reviews hit the Internet."

AMD Sets the FX "Vishera" Launch Date - X-bit labs

Masteroderus September 21, 2012 10:11 AM

Woot!!!!

If the 8350 can just barely keep up with an I5 I will buy it for sure!

great_big_abyss September 21, 2012 11:05 AM

If the 8350 is competitive with an i5 in gaming applications, I'll make the move. I already have an upgrade path (AM3+ motherboard), so I'd simply be looking at the price of the chip alone.

That, however, is a pretty big IF.

If it doesn't meet expectations however, looks like I'll finally have to break down my Intel resistance and treat myself to an Ivy chip.

Soultribunal September 21, 2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 657143)
If the 8350 is competitive with an i5 in gaming applications, I'll make the move. I already have an upgrade path (AM3+ motherboard), so I'd simply be looking at the price of the chip alone.

If it doesn't meet expectations however, looks like I'll finally have to break down my Intel resistance and treat myself to an Ivy chip.

Not going to lie but I had plans for a backup rig, and perhaps if this CPU can do what an i5 can do then I might be in the same boat. Granted there are good enough boards out there for it,

-ST

Soullessone21 September 21, 2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 657143)

It's pretty sweet on the other side, I had only amd since the days of Barton all the way till the start of this year with the 8150 now I run a 3770k and I love it :D still love the AMD C32 and G34 class as me loves da servers but I really wanna go back to AMD but they need to offer more :(

frontier204 September 21, 2012 12:16 PM

Does anyone find the lack of new motherboards strage with the CPUs just about to hit retail?
Since my main has a 2500k already, I'm more excited about Trinity to build for the rest of my family. (I'd be soooo relieved to retire my parents' computer running HP-bloated Vista.) In any case, I find the idea of pre-ordering a CPU pointless, unless AMD is doing a "soft" launch...

great_big_abyss September 21, 2012 12:49 PM

Not really. It'll probably use the same chipset as the current Bulldozer chips (9-series).

Soultribunal September 21, 2012 12:52 PM

Hopefully the Egg has a nice Foxxcon board or two for me to grab :)

I think AMD should start making their own boards like Intel does.

-ST

Soullessone21 September 21, 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 657167)
Hopefully the Egg has a nice Foxxcon board or two for me to grab :)

I think AMD should start making their own boards like Intel does.

-ST

AMD runs webinars through distribution and they always talk about how their love for their channel partners prevent them from going down that path.

Usually followed with people form Asus,Sapphire,MSI cheering hahaha

Soultribunal September 21, 2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soullessone21 (Post 657171)
AMD runs webinars through distribution and they always talk about how their love for their channel partners prevent them from going down that path.

Usually followed with people form Asus,Sapphire,MSI cheering hahaha

True,

I wish more board partners would do AMD. I miss DFI, I hate having to wait for Egg to have new Foxxcon and the old days of Biostar.

-ST