Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think BF3 for consoles is a huge failure. I mean it is capped at 720P and 30fps. If you are a PC gamer 30fps is nearly unplayable. Especially that it has a lot of fast past action.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 1, 2012, 12:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I think BF3 for consoles is a huge failure. I mean it is capped at 720P and 30fps. If you are a PC gamer 30fps is nearly unplayable. Especially that it has a lot of fast past action.
Which explains why playing FPS games on console are so fail, I mean have you seen the gameplay footage for console multiplayer? Graphics aside, its ridiculous, almost equivalent to playing with 6 year old kids on PC :S
Old February 1, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I'd rather play 720p at 30 fps than 50-60 FPS at 1024x600 (MW3)
Old February 1, 2012, 11:37 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Makes you wonder: will the next gen be more focused upon graphics or providing a "different" gameplay experience....a la Wii bullshit.
Old February 1, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm going to assume Microsoft is banking on the economic situation and that many families won't be willing to buy $500+ machines.
Old February 1, 2012, 03:17 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

i really hope its not wii bullshit this gen because even though i play most of my games and stuff on pc there are still times where i want to play exclusives on console everynow and then. if they all shift to this casual gamer bullshit then thats just ganna suck
Old February 1, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Makes you wonder: will the next gen be more focused upon graphics or providing a "different" gameplay experience....a la Wii bullshit.
You do have to admit the wii is fun for a day or two lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
I'm going to assume Microsoft is banking on the economic situation and that many families won't be willing to buy $500+ machines.
I think Microsoft is banking on the fact that people don't care and just want the next "greatest" thing. Lets be honest here, they could have put out the exact same machine, called it the Xbox 720 and everyone would buy it any ways because they need the newest Xbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
I think Microsoft is banking on the fact that people don't care and just want the next "greatest" thing. Lets be honest here, they could have put out the exact same machine, called it the Xbox 720 and everyone would buy it any ways because they need the newest Xbox.

Last edited by SugarJ; February 1, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old March 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
I have played it on my beast, as well as on console. Considering how ancient the Xbox is, it really isn't that bad. The thing is, if you don't know how good it is on console, you will enjoy it. Ignorance is bliss.
Old March 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
Rookie

A new console generation is long overdue. Get it on the market already!
Old March 23, 2012, 02:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
You do have to admit the wii is fun for a day or two lol
No it isn't. Not if you're over 12. :P