Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 07:07 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger212 View Post
As people have said "you get what you pay for". I am not really a console gamers but my friends are and I always hated console graphics anyways.. Well its good to be a PC gamer rather than a console gamer during these modern times... But I must admit they have better controllers.
Yeah but these days I can wire in a 360 controller right to my PC and go that route for most FPS games.
Not much a console offers other than convienence and cost of ownership.


-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 08:14 AM
Bao Bao is offline
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 243
Default

There goes my thoughts of 1080p/60fps standard on the next gen.

Though I suppose they could do it with low res textures.
---

But if console games are basically low quality texture versions of PC games... then that's not that bad. I was really hoping more along the lines of a GTX560 class card in these upcoming consoles though :(
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 08:21 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,607

My System Specs

Default

Well not all hope is lost, perhaps the PS4 will be more powerful graphically then the 720 is? One can dream can't they?
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
JD's Avatar
JD JD is offline
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,955

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Well not all hope is lost, perhaps the PS4 will be more powerful graphically then the 720 is? One can dream can't they?
Wasn't the PS3 more powerful than the XBOX360, but developers never fully utilized it?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
Jake_HT's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,987

My System Specs

Default

Well that's just sad... I don't really game anymore so it doesn't affect me much but I have sypmathy for you guys... this is going to hold PC gaming back for sure. Another 5 years of shitty console graphics!

I feel like when the xbox 360 was released it wasn't too far behind PC... but that changed fast lol
__________________
http://jakeht.deviantart.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,386

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bao View Post
But if console games are basically low quality texture versions of PC games... then that's not that bad. I was really hoping more along the lines of a GTX560 class card in these upcoming consoles though :(
The problem is, is that they make the games for console and then port them to PC so we have to play with the same graphics even though we can run much better. The games with good graphics (like BF3) are made for PC and then ported to console by lowering the settings. These games are best for us, that is why I bought BF3 and not MW3, BF3 is pushing graphics and MW3 is saying f you.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 10:21 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,607

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Wasn't the PS3 more powerful than the XBOX360, but developers never fully utilized it?
To a degree yes, but it never blew the 360 out of the water though, which is why developers just stuck with making 360 capable games when they made PS3 ones. You can however see much better looking games that are PS3 exclusive (though not that many series for PS are exclusive anymore)
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
JD's Avatar
JD JD is offline
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,955

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
The problem is, is that they make the games for console and then port them to PC so we have to play with the same graphics even though we can run much better. The games with good graphics (like BF3) are made for PC and then ported to console by lowering the settings. These games are best for us, that is why I bought BF3 and not MW3, BF3 is pushing graphics and MW3 is saying f you.
Yeah, perfect example. Even if people hate EA/Origin, but love PC gaming, I'd strongly recommend buying BF3 to show support for PC-designed games.

I tried MW3 and man was it ugly looking. Felt like I was playing a game from 2008.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 11:00 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 8,607

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Yeah, perfect example. Even if people hate EA/Origin, but love PC gaming, I'd strongly recommend buying BF3 to show support for PC-designed games.

I tried MW3 and man was it ugly looking. Felt like I was playing a game from 2008.
And while you're at it, I'd also recommend buying the Witcher 2 (which has nothing to do with EA/Origin) just is an amazing pc exclusive (the 360 port is still delayed) game franchise.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old January 25, 2012, 11:27 AM
Bond007's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,144

My System Specs

Default

I just don't get how a 6670 is meeting this :"Raw graphics processing power is expected to be 6 times that of the current console".
__________________
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intel HD Graphics with Graphics Card MoUnit CPU's and Motherboards 4 August 6, 2011 04:54 PM
AMD Extends Graphics Performance Lead, Launches World's Fastest Graphics Card? Again! FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 2 March 8, 2011 03:32 PM
PS3 vs XBox 360 sswilson Gaming 72 May 24, 2009 04:37 PM
This is how you fix your Xbox 360 Infiniti Off Topic 7 February 22, 2009 03:26 PM
WTB: Xbox 360 GregH Buy/Sell & Trade 10 November 19, 2008 05:00 PM