Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm from Israel guys, and all I can say is that you haven't got even the slightest idea of what is really going on. Don't want to even start arguing.
Old January 17, 2012, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't argue but explain yourself....
Old January 17, 2012, 06:37 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
I'm from Israel guys, and all I can say is that you haven't got even the slightest idea of what is really going on. Don't want to even start arguing.
I would like to hear a bit more of this as well since I spent the better part of two years working and living in Tel Aviv for a contract.

It seems like once again someone is taking a talk about middle east policy to be an attack against Israel. That isn't the case at all.
Old January 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I won't think America will pull its military backing on Israel. Israel is America's Strongest Ally in the Middle-East (possibly the strongest in the middle East). So why will they pull out backing there, Also in all of the history I have read, Israel is the most interesting one. Correct me if I am wrong But I have never read a nation that took on 3 other nations in one war and won in six days.. Sorry for the little off topic anything about Israel just fascinates me.

Last edited by Avenger212; January 17, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old January 17, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger212 View Post
I won't think America will pull its military backing on Israel. Israel is America's Strongest Ally in the Middle-East (possibly the strongest in the middle East). So why will they pull out backing there,
Because they can't afford it and haven't been able to afford it for a long time.
Old January 17, 2012, 03:41 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
I won't think America will pull its military backing on Israel. Israel is America's Strongest Ally in the Middle-East (possibly the strongest in the middle East). So why will they pull out backing there, Also in all of the history I have read, Israel is the most interesting one. Correct me if I am wrong But I have never read a nation that took on 3 other nations in one war and won in six days.. Sorry for the little off topic anything about Israel just fascinates me.
Seems to be a pretty one sided relationship.

- Israel has never (to my knowledge at least) contributed to a UN Peacekeeping effort (many other Middle Eastern nations have)

- Israel never got militarily involved in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, the USA (and Canada) have been taking out some of the largest threats to Israel's right to exist.

Don't get me wrong, I love the people there -they're some of the friendliest around- and it truly is a success story but their policies absolutely suck.
Old January 17, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ron Paul would end this "partnership" with Israel within weeks of taking office......
Old January 17, 2012, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

holy crap some of these comments are just pure hatred. Saying no one would care if Jews were to all die. **** you I care.

Israel is the best nation in the middle east for human rights. They allow all races/religions in their military and government. Sure you are going to see more Jews in power just like you are going to see more English people in power in England.
They have the most educated population in the world (more university degrees).
Israel produces more scientific papers per capita.
Israel has the highest living standards in the middle east. More than most European countries.
When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world's second elected female leader in modern times.
Relative to its population Israel is the most immigrant absorbing nation.
Israel is the second largest "silicon valley"
The cell phone was developed in Israel
The Pentium MMX chip was developed in Israel

This is just a very small list. Sure Israel's track record isn't perfect but don't say the US has committed war crimes many times in the past and present. No nation is perfect.

Just close this thread as people are clearly making this an anti Jew/Israel thread.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."

Last edited by belgolas; January 17, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old January 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Seems to be a pretty one sided relationship.

- Israel has never (to my knowledge at least) contributed to a UN Peacekeeping effort (many other Middle Eastern nations have)

- Israel never got militarily involved in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, the USA (and Canada) have been taking out some of the largest threats to Israel's right to exist.

Don't get me wrong, I love the people there -they're some of the friendliest around- and it truly is a success story but their policies absolutely suck.
And they are a ready made military base that can probably defeat and definitely keep at bay everyone in the region without going nuclear until America could pour in troops, and could defeat the entire region if things went nuclear. They keep Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and several other nations in the region "honest" so to speak. They're not going to turn on America since America is their lifeline.

The rest of the region is openly hostile or at best the leaders kiss ass while the people are hostile. As long as Israel is democratic and friendly to America how can America not reciprocate? There's a hell of a lot more factors at play but they're by far the best ally America has in the middle east.

Also, even if Isreal had been willing to send troops to a UN mission they likely wouldn't accept them, the majority of the UN is made up of countries that are quite hostile to Isreal and their troops would be a massive target pretty much anywhere in the world that needs peacekeeping.
Old January 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
News Editor

My System Specs

Quote:
I won't think America will pull its military backing on Israel. Israel is America's Strongest Ally in the Middle-East (possibly the strongest in the middle East).
Sort of, but geo-politics and ensuring that no regional hegemon can form (that would attempt to counter American hegemony) have more to do with it.

Stratfor's George Friedman always has an interesting analysis on America's relationship with Israel. I suggest you read his book "The Next Decade" and read this article http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20100...662ac8be697eae

From a realist perspective, America's relationship with Israel was established to counter the influence of the Soviet Union and Nasser's Pan Arab movement. Now that neither threat exists, one must question the strategic importance of such a stalwart alliance with the country.

Follow Hardware Canucks on Twitter:
@hardwarecanucks

Tags
cyberwar , israel