Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2012, 06:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
The next series WILL be the 600. Due late April this year. 680 GTX 2mb card is supposed to be the boss from Nvidia.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old February 7, 2012, 06:28 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
The next series WILL be the 600. Due late April this year. 680 GTX 2mb card is supposed to be the boss from Nvidia.

hope it doesn't have 2mb!!
Old February 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Shake_ View Post
hope it doesn't have 2mb!!
Its a new technology with suppa mega awesome supreme compression to the max. What used to take 1gb of gpu ram now only takes 1mb.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 7, 2012, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
How can you be so sure? I've also heard that 6xx Series will be the "Mobile" version and Desktop models will be 7xx Series. I would think 2GB VRAM will be the low end of the scale....

Just picked up 2 580 Classified Ultra 3GB Cards, the Temps of these Cards is amazing....45% Fan speed Max Temps playing BF3 DX11 is 62c....idle with 25% Fan Speed @ 25c (these Temps for both Cards), anyone with vanilla 580's can appreciate these Temps.
Performance is outstanding at 2560x1440 Res.....Keplar will have to do a hell of a lot better than the 7970 for me to ditch these bad boys!

Old February 7, 2012, 07:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I do believe with talk of the 600M the next series will be 700. I am not sure where you heard 6xx series but I don't think anything is confirmed.

That being said, I would likely see 3GB on there high end cards. But, who knows.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 7, 2012, 08:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Yeah have to agree with you there ST....everything I've "heard" states high end Keplar will be tagged GTX7xx Series with AT LEAST 3MB VRAM on there high end Cards (wouldnt be surprised to see 4GB), why would they go "backwards" to 2GB, that makes no sense.
The high end 580's already sport 3GB as does the 7970.

Old February 8, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ Yeah have to agree with you there ST....everything I've "heard" states high end Keplar will be tagged GTX7xx Series with AT LEAST 3MB VRAM on there high end Cards (wouldnt be surprised to see 4GB), why would they go "backwards" to 2GB, that makes no sense.
The high end 580's already sport 3GB as does the 7970.
that's a pretty big range :P
I do the same thing every once in a while, shift the numbers down a step.
Old February 8, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I do believe with talk of the 600M the next series will be 700. I am not sure where you heard 6xx series but I don't think anything is confirmed.

That being said, I would likely see 3GB on there high end cards. But, who knows.

-ST
Tom's Hardware. I read the specs etc., printed yesterday. Most recent info I have found on that card.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5

Last edited by Slik; February 8, 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: add info
Old February 8, 2012, 06:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Tom's Hardware. I read the specs etc., printed yesterday. Most recent info I have found on that card.
Yeah but a lot of what is floating around is Fud.
They called Fermi the 300 series initially until the Mobile 300 series was launched.

Time will tell, I'm not saying either way but there are some 600M series stuff out there I believe.

Another way to look at it is, if this was a leak, and these site are posted here and I haven't pulled them down...they can't be anywhere close to any truth.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 8, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I thought folks would know that Toms Hardware is "anything" but gospel, saw the same Post to the Toms link over at Evga, meh.....