Old January 5, 2012, 03:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
I hope you're right :)

In all honesty so do I.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 7, 2012, 04:07 PM
Rookie

Saw this linked on a German forum:

there are a few more lurking around if you google around. Think I saw one that was 3D Mark 11, but don't have a link at the mo.
Old January 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One thing to remember with performance increase on the charts nvidia had going around for the least 1.5 years is that it's relative performance per watt increase... so kepler may be (I forget atm) 2x 'better' in terms of more performance for less power, not 2x better performance.

Either way, even with nVidia able to grab the fastest single GPU title at times, they have pretty much been behind ATI for over a couple years now in terms of being later to bring the next gen out. They were later at dx 10 I think and they were a TON later at dx 11 (not that dx 11 matter that much since so few games supported it).
Old January 21, 2012, 11:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
One thing to remember with performance increase on the charts nvidia had going around for the least 1.5 years is that it's relative performance per watt increase... so kepler may be (I forget atm) 2x 'better' in terms of more performance for less power, not 2x better performance.

Either way, even with nVidia able to grab the fastest single GPU title at times, they have pretty much been behind ATI for over a couple years now in terms of being later to bring the next gen out. They were later at dx 10 I think and they were a TON later at dx 11 (not that dx 11 matter that much since so few games supported it).
nvidia was smart with the whole dx10/11 situation. Both of those were so much in their infancy that nvidia was not just gonna start producing cards until it proved itself. There was a much bigger difference between dx9 and 10 but we are just starting to see real gains with dx11.

If anything nvidia did that wasn't so great was PhysX. While done right it looks great but so many games don't utilize it well or properly and it might as well be turned off.
Old February 2, 2012, 11:45 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
If anything nvidia did that wasn't so great was PhysX. While done right it looks great but so many games don't utilize it well or properly and it might as well be turned off.
I imagine a lot of people didnt really see the point to PhysX when engines like Source could produce adequate physics without resorting to proprietary hardware. Also, AFAIK there are no games where PhysX effects have an effect on gameplay in multiplayer environments - perhaps a limitation of the software.
Old February 2, 2012, 12:49 PM
Rookie

gpu price tag is going up up up.. back in the days it was only 250 bucks for the latest video card..
Old February 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2cents View Post
gpu price tag is going up up up.. back in the days it was only 250 bucks for the latest video card..
Well back in MY day, WE dun did use these fancy vidya accelator curds, we dun went outside and got dem REAL HDs, with like, 4Ds.
Old February 2, 2012, 01:48 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I paid $699 for a Geforce 3, to play Max Payne.
Old February 2, 2012, 10:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hercules 3D Prophet III Estimated Price: $429.00US back in 2002
that was the geforce 3 Ti 500 cards.
Old February 3, 2012, 12:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Actually they've been about the same for high end Cards for years....paid $450 for an AGP Evga 6800GT back in 2005/06....that was the 2nd Best Card then, the best was the AGP 6800 Ultra, which was about $525!