Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old November 26, 2011, 03:10 AM
Grampa's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 185

My System Specs

Default Nvidia Kepler & Tegra stuff...

Found this tidbit, not sure if its really solid info.

Thought it might interest some folks here.

However it at least gives us a rough idea, regarding possible timeframes for releases for the Green Team's new Kepler lineup.

Source



Edit: Oh! and just a heads up. You may need to translate the article to read it.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old November 26, 2011, 08:48 AM
techman95's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 322

My System Specs

Default

so not till late q2 it looks like so this may be an original fermi launch.. i.e an oh shit their kicking our ass lets get this out the door now!!! just sayin
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old November 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Found this tidbit, not sure if its really solid info.

Thought it might interest some folks here.

However it at least gives us a rough idea, regarding possible timeframes for releases for the Green Team's new Kepler lineup.
No surprise at all...think most of us are expecting Kepler will launch May / June 2012......
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old November 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
BootlegUsher's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 453
Default

That graph doesn't look very official.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old November 26, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Posts: 1,228

My System Specs

Default

lol it looks like someone made that graph (and not anyone from nvidia)... but still, nvidia has been showing weakness at being 1 step behind ATI for the last few years (in terms of release date, etc).
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old November 26, 2011, 10:15 PM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
lol it looks like someone made that graph (and not anyone from nvidia)... but still, nvidia has been showing weakness at being 1 step behind ATI for the last few years (in terms of release date, etc).
There Driver Support, including SLi support and finally waiting for that one Card (GTX 580) is worth the wait :) I'll be looking forward to seeing what the GTX 6xx PCI-E 3.0 bring to the table along with IB
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old November 27, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Posts: 1,228

My System Specs

Default

Yeah, nvidia might be behind in the hardware race the last little bit (although the 580 does trump anything), but they have had a better history with the drivers/software than ATI. I'm sure that I'll be considering swapping my 2x 570s for the next gen.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old November 27, 2011, 05:00 AM
Grampa's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 185

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
No surprise at all...think most of us are expecting Kepler will launch May / June 2012......
I have to admit, I am not in the know, like the majority of the HWC readers.
So I figured it was worth posting in rumours, for those much like myself, who don't know much about anything.

Most of the speculation I've read about, (perhaps mostly from people who are anxious to sell off their 580s) kept pegging their hopes for early 2012, thinking that AMD will release in that time frame, so Nvidia must be as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
That graph doesn't look very official.


Of course its not official.
That's why I posted the link here in rumours

Hopefully as more info comes forward, we can update the posting with specs etc.

Now under the assumption that any of the above website info has any type of truth to it...
I'm curious if anyone noticed that the website speculates, that the mainstream mass market products, could be released first?
Doesn't Nvidia release high end products first? then filter down to mainstream?

If this is the case, it looks like there wont be a proper GTX 580 successor until closer to Xmas next year (2012) does this sound about normal to anyone?

I'm taking the article with a grain of salt.

Up until this past year's release with the GTX580, I have only been using the AMD products, so I know nothing about Nvidia's product refresh cycles.

Last edited by Grampa; November 27, 2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: For clarity.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2011, 01:16 AM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,932

My System Specs

Default

^^^^ I wouldn't even take that article with a "grain of salt"...looks like a "made up pile of poo poo" to me ;) ....did you notice how they have all the GTX5xx Series Cards under 2011....!!..that should be your first clue as GTX 580 when I purchased them was in or around Nov 2010.....

And yes, nv will always launch their Enthusiast Card first as the Premier, with a slightly "downscaled" model (cheaper)....then Mainstream trickle down.
Most of us with 580's are looking at May / June (speculation of course) for GTX 6xx PCI-E 3.0 (Kepler)....as far specs go who knows, I would expect to see more Mainstream 2-3GB and perhaps 4GB for Enthusiasts...Core Speeds, Shaders general architecture...again who knows until we get an "official" word, until then I guess these "old" 580's will have to do ;)

To be quite honest I wouldn't doubt that nv is most certainly NOT going to let ATI launch wind up pushing them (nv) to launch too early....do they/we really want a repeat of the GTX480?!
__________________
Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2011, 01:40 AM
Grampa's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 185

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ I wouldn't even take that article with a "grain of salt"...looks like a "made up pile of poo poo" to me ;) ....did you notice how they have all the GTX5xx Series Cards under 2011....!!..that should be your first clue as GTX 580 when I purchased them was in or around Nov 2010.....

And yes, nv will always launch their Enthusiast Card first as the Premier, with a slightly "downscaled" model (cheaper)....then Mainstream trickle down.
Most of us with 580's are looking at May / June (speculation of course) for GTX 6xx PCI-E 3.0 (Kepler)....as far specs go who knows, I would expect to see more Mainstream 2-3GB and perhaps 4GB for Enthusiasts...Core Speeds, Shaders general architecture...again who knows until we get an "official" word, until then I guess these "old" 580's will have to do ;)

To be quite honest I wouldn't doubt that nv is most certainly NOT going to let ATI launch wind up pushing them (nv) to launch too early....do they/we really want a repeat of the GTX480?!
Hahaha right on!
very valid points!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Photograph's Stuff - Amp, Guitar, Quadro FX, CPU&Mobo, Networking, VR Headset Photograph Buy/Sell & Trade 53 June 20, 2013 10:20 AM
Nvidia Launches Quad-Core Tegra 3 Sam_Reynolds Press Releases & Tech News 1 November 9, 2011 02:22 AM
Spire Announces Kepler Series Universal CPU Coolers Sam_Reynolds Press Releases & Tech News 0 October 10, 2011 11:11 AM
NVIDIA Announces Roadmap for Tegra - Quad Core Mobile Processor Lined Up FiXT Press Releases & Tech News 9 February 17, 2011 11:52 PM
[FS] Socket A stuff + AGP card + PSU + LCD + lots of stuff ebdoradz Buy/Sell & Trade 13 June 14, 2009 10:14 PM