Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2011, 03:10 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Nvidia Kepler & Tegra stuff...

Found this tidbit, not sure if its really solid info.

Thought it might interest some folks here.

However it at least gives us a rough idea, regarding possible timeframes for releases for the Green Team's new Kepler lineup.

Source

Edit: Oh! and just a heads up. You may need to translate the article to read it.
Old November 26, 2011, 08:48 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

so not till late q2 it looks like so this may be an original fermi launch.. i.e an oh shit their kicking our ass lets get this out the door now!!! just sayin
Old November 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Found this tidbit, not sure if its really solid info.

Thought it might interest some folks here.

However it at least gives us a rough idea, regarding possible timeframes for releases for the Green Team's new Kepler lineup.
No surprise at all...think most of us are expecting Kepler will launch May / June 2012......

Old November 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
MVP

That graph doesn't look very official.
Old November 26, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lol it looks like someone made that graph (and not anyone from nvidia)... but still, nvidia has been showing weakness at being 1 step behind ATI for the last few years (in terms of release date, etc).
Old November 26, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
lol it looks like someone made that graph (and not anyone from nvidia)... but still, nvidia has been showing weakness at being 1 step behind ATI for the last few years (in terms of release date, etc).
There Driver Support, including SLi support and finally waiting for that one Card (GTX 580) is worth the wait :) I'll be looking forward to seeing what the GTX 6xx PCI-E 3.0 bring to the table along with IB

Old November 27, 2011, 12:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, nvidia might be behind in the hardware race the last little bit (although the 580 does trump anything), but they have had a better history with the drivers/software than ATI. I'm sure that I'll be considering swapping my 2x 570s for the next gen.
Old November 27, 2011, 05:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
No surprise at all...think most of us are expecting Kepler will launch May / June 2012......
I have to admit, I am not in the know, like the majority of the HWC readers.
So I figured it was worth posting in rumours, for those much like myself, who don't know much about anything.

Most of the speculation I've read about, (perhaps mostly from people who are anxious to sell off their 580s) kept pegging their hopes for early 2012, thinking that AMD will release in that time frame, so Nvidia must be as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
That graph doesn't look very official.

Of course its not official.
That's why I posted the link here in rumours

Hopefully as more info comes forward, we can update the posting with specs etc.

Now under the assumption that any of the above website info has any type of truth to it...
I'm curious if anyone noticed that the website speculates, that the mainstream mass market products, could be released first?
Doesn't Nvidia release high end products first? then filter down to mainstream?

If this is the case, it looks like there wont be a proper GTX 580 successor until closer to Xmas next year (2012) does this sound about normal to anyone?

I'm taking the article with a grain of salt.

Up until this past year's release with the GTX580, I have only been using the AMD products, so I know nothing about Nvidia's product refresh cycles.

Last edited by Grampa; November 27, 2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: For clarity.
Old November 28, 2011, 01:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ I wouldn't even take that article with a "grain of salt"...looks like a "made up pile of poo poo" to me ;) ....did you notice how they have all the GTX5xx Series Cards under 2011....!!..that should be your first clue as GTX 580 when I purchased them was in or around Nov 2010.....

And yes, nv will always launch their Enthusiast Card first as the Premier, with a slightly "downscaled" model (cheaper)....then Mainstream trickle down.
Most of us with 580's are looking at May / June (speculation of course) for GTX 6xx PCI-E 3.0 (Kepler)....as far specs go who knows, I would expect to see more Mainstream 2-3GB and perhaps 4GB for Enthusiasts...Core Speeds, Shaders general architecture...again who knows until we get an "official" word, until then I guess these "old" 580's will have to do ;)

To be quite honest I wouldn't doubt that nv is most certainly NOT going to let ATI launch wind up pushing them (nv) to launch too early....do they/we really want a repeat of the GTX480?!

Old November 28, 2011, 01:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^ I wouldn't even take that article with a "grain of salt"...looks like a "made up pile of poo poo" to me ;) ....did you notice how they have all the GTX5xx Series Cards under 2011....!!..that should be your first clue as GTX 580 when I purchased them was in or around Nov 2010.....

And yes, nv will always launch their Enthusiast Card first as the Premier, with a slightly "downscaled" model (cheaper)....then Mainstream trickle down.
Most of us with 580's are looking at May / June (speculation of course) for GTX 6xx PCI-E 3.0 (Kepler)....as far specs go who knows, I would expect to see more Mainstream 2-3GB and perhaps 4GB for Enthusiasts...Core Speeds, Shaders general architecture...again who knows until we get an "official" word, until then I guess these "old" 580's will have to do ;)

To be quite honest I wouldn't doubt that nv is most certainly NOT going to let ATI launch wind up pushing them (nv) to launch too early....do they/we really want a repeat of the GTX480?!
Hahaha right on!
very valid points!