Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post
There appears to be a leaked review out there on the net, backed up by pictures. Not sure if am allowed to post here. GTX 680 looks to have about 10-20% performance increase over the 7970 in general. NDA is rumoured to be lifted next thurs or fri
Just went over that leaked benchmark and it looks promising but i've learned to take these sort of things with some salt lol. Still promising though! And apparently the NDA lifts late next week, or so I read.

Edit: No mention of temperatures, acoustics, or OC'ing abilities yet.

Also, i'm not sure if it's been said anywhere else but a huge new feature for these Nvidia cards is that they now natively support 4 monitors per card. Let's hope it's a solid implementation!
Old March 16, 2012, 12:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Because we are under NDA, please do not post any links to sites that have chosen to break NDA as they will be removed. I'm sure you can find them without our help.
Old March 16, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What is the difference between posting links to rumors and charts that (usually) don't have any much validity vs above?
Old March 16, 2012, 04:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
What is the difference between posting links to rumors and charts that (usually) don't have any much validity vs above?

We dont' support sites that break NDA's or attempt to for that matter. And giving them page hits and linking is a form of support.

Simple as that.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 17, 2012, 05:14 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Any info about release date yet? Long time since last time I was so eagerly awaiting a new GPU launch... ;)
Old March 18, 2012, 08:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
Any info about release date yet? Long time since last time I was so eagerly awaiting a new GPU launch... ;)

'Soon'

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The 26th has been getting tossed around for a while. But it may be as early as the end of this week. Stay tuned
Old March 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I've also seen a lot of "end of this week" mentions, Got to say I'm excited I can never remember if there is a delay in Australia or if our stores get them the same time as Canada and the US. Oh well gives me more time to read the user made benchmarks if it is the case!
Old March 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sooner rather than later.

And you WILL be happy. :D
Old March 19, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

AHHH!!! new skus appearing in Distribution channels, and all the 5XX series are dropping lower and lower on price and stock. Odd even the laptops are lowering their prices and prepping for change about time.