Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2011, 08:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Found my in :D

Probably gonna get the package, motherboard for 150 no tax is just too good to pass up.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 23, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lots of people want in.... No one can help lol
Old November 23, 2011, 09:44 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I would also Love to Pay someone for a Retail Edge i7 2700k Package/ or just the Chip (not at an overinflated price, a fair price, scratch my back and in the future maybe i can repay the favour). Id love to get my hands on a I7 2700K or the Package. It seems thought once RE is released all the resellers are trying to turn a killer profit.
Old November 23, 2011, 11:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
So is there any rules against selling RE stuff in the BST forum?
Last year, we said that people posting threads had to identify their items as RE. I will caution potential sellers that reselling RE items is against Intel's TOS, and buyers should be aware that RE items can only be RMA'd by the original purchaser.
Old November 23, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Last year, we said that people posting threads had to identify their items as RE. I will caution potential sellers that reselling RE items is against Intel's TOS, and buyers should be aware that RE items can only be RMA'd by the original purchaser.
They have changed this. This is directly from the Retail Edge website cut/paste. RE is now standard Intel Processor policy.

Quote:
Purchase Program Warranty Information - Summer 2011 All Purchase Program orders are final. Cancellations are not permitted.
Please open your Purchase Program bundle shipment within 30 days of receipt to ensure all components are included and undamaged.

Damaged and defective components may be exchanged, based on the policies stated in the Warranty Information for that product.

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Product and Warranty Information
  • Intel processors offered in the Purchase Program are covered by the standard three-year product warranty.
  • Installation instructions, warranty information, contact information and an Intel sticker will be included in the box.
  • Processors are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Purchase Program purchasers are entitled to Standard Warranty Replacement coverage but not Advance Warrant Replacement coverage.
Intel® 320 Series Solid-State Drive Product and Warranty Information
  • This Solid-State Drive (SSD) qualifies for warranty support direct from Intel. SSDs in this program will have the standard five year Warranty that is in the sealed box.
  • Installation instructions, Warranty information, Contact information and an Intel Flyer are included in the box. SSDs are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Program entitlement for Warranty will be for Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR). For this program, Purchasers will not be entitled to Advance Warrant Replacements (AWR).
For more information, please see the following PDFs:
Processor Support
SSD Support
Contact Information:
Email Intel® Tech Support

Phone Intel® Tech Support:
(916) 377-7000
Monday — Friday
7:00am — 5:00pm (US Pacific Time)

My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 23, 2011, 11:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
They have changed this. This is directly from the Retail Edge website cut/paste. RE is now standard Intel Processor policy.
Sooooo as long as the original RE buyer doesn't register anything or whatnot, the new owner could actually claim warranty within those 3 years? Or am I reading that wrong.

As nice as that sounds, it's only going to make the RE Resellers jack their price up that much more if they can promise the warranty is actually valid.
Old November 23, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
As nice as that sounds, it's only going to make the RE Resellers jack their price up that much more if they can promise the warranty is actually valid.
That's what I'm thinking... not likely to find any help getting in on this deal as most people will be wanting to make some $$$.
Old November 23, 2011, 02:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

Good and Bad.

Warranty for second purchaser and resale price goes up.

Technically the resellers aren't gouging, but it feels like it when you see the RE prices.

I have 2TB WD Green drives for trade with a RE purchaser (*wink gouge for gouge)
Old November 23, 2011, 02:56 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Sagath, thanks for filling me in on the warranty stuff. Please let us know what the winter program warranty is when you get that information.

Sorry guys, but all this talk of gouging is crap. When I buy a stock and I sell it for double what I paid, I'm not gouging. When I buy an old car and sell it for more than I bought it for, I'm not gouging. It's an open market, things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Leave your jealousy behind here, and remember that most of these folks eligible for RE have to deal with retail idiots all day every day. It's a little bonus from Intel as a thank you for selling their products.
Old November 23, 2011, 03:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Agreed. However if someone buys the 2700K for $105 and expects to get $325 for it when there is a surge of these processors, they are pushing it. I remember last time with the 970s people thought they could get 600+. In reality they sold around 500. I bet the 2700/2600/2500ks will drop in price on the forums for a while. Market price will be low on here :)