Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/)
-   -   More X79 mobos (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/rumor-mill/47710-more-x79-mobos.html)

GT7R October 27, 2011 07:53 PM

More X79 mobos
 
6 Attachment(s)
Now it's Asus turn!

Soultribunal October 27, 2011 08:08 PM

Count me in on a Sabertooth. That's sexy.

-ST

JD October 27, 2011 08:13 PM

Thank you ASUS for putting 8 DIMMs on your boards!

AkG October 27, 2011 08:49 PM

The only thing that conerns me about the new sabertooth is those small fans. Never did like small fans as they get loud within 6mths. Well that and only having 8 internal sata ports and wasting the other two on e-SATA. Come on mfgers! Include an internal to external adapter for the 1% - or less - of peeps who will actually need e-SATA and accommodate the peeps who need more than 8 internal ports. So far it looks GB will getting my money this upgrade cycle.

Supergrover October 27, 2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 561907)
The only thing that conerns me about the new sabertooth is those small fans. Never did like small fans as they get loud within 6mths. Well that and only having 8 internal sata ports and wasting the other two on e-SATA. Come on mfgers! Include an internal to external adapter for the 1% - or less - of peeps who will actually need e-SATA and accommodate the peeps who need more than 8 internal ports. So far it looks GB will getting my money this upgrade cycle.

Yup NF4 anyone?

Like the Sabertooth wish they would have done the thermal armor on it though.
I agree lose the esata and give me more internal.

lowfat October 27, 2011 09:27 PM

Rather lame that the only Asus board w/ a PCI slot is the Sabertooth. Aesthetically every one of these boards could use some serious improvements.

The mosfet fan on the Sabertooth is pretty ingenious though. Hope to see that on more boards in the future.

EmptyMellon October 27, 2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 561922)
Rather lame that the only Asus board w/ a PCI slot is the Sabertooth. Aesthetically every one of these boards could use some serious improvements.

The mosfet fan on the Sabertooth is pretty ingenious though. Hope to see that on more boards in the future.

Ignorant me, but what do you need a PCI slot for?

Supergrover October 27, 2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyMellon (Post 561933)
Ignorant me, but what do you need a PCI slot for?

pci videocard for troubleshooting, thought TBH I have not had to use mine in awhile now.

lowfat October 27, 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyMellon (Post 561933)
Ignorant me, but what do you need a PCI slot for?

PCI sound cards are still being made. I'd hate to have to buy another $150 soundcard.

EmptyMellon October 27, 2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 561938)
pci videocard for troubleshooting, thought TBH I have not had to use mine in awhile now.

That is valid, and I just learned something. Now is that to eliminate the PCIe all togher or could you use PCIe x1 vid card?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 561944)
PCI sound cards are still being made. I'd hate to have to buy another $150 soundcard.

Sorry, the argument that PCI should still be used for sound/NIC does not hold water when it comes to high-end platforms - low to mid, fine. I look at this way, if one is spending ~$600 on a mobo and a CPU alone, why on earth are you too cheap to spend the extra 100 pesos on a new PCIe sound/NIC card. But then what do I know, I am the noob here.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:25 PM.