Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Rumor Mill

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i guess being a 95W TDP part will ovc better, more ovc headroom. Do you think stock cooler will be good for any ovc? let's say a 20%?
Old October 7, 2011, 06:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Now there's pics on the net saying that It will come with a looped water cooler like the H60!!!!
Old October 7, 2011, 07:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

if that would be the case, for the listed price, would be a tremendous value.
Old October 10, 2011, 06:14 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Most likely, something to do with a fact that they did not have an updated UEFI/BIOS; so the final/release day numbers (i.e. HWC Review) will be a weee bit higher...then again they main not since the new BD "interger core" is not a true core; where (2) BD threads are like (1.7) "cores", so not true (2) whole cores.

Hence, as BD has been rumored so far to be a multi-threading beast, but a single threaded looser.
Could anyone explain to me about the Interger Core?
Old October 10, 2011, 08:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
Could anyone explain to me about the Interger Core?
Well, I am sure HWC will do a detail explanation of the Bulldozer architecture on Wednesday, but the short of it is that AMD made a decision to design a processor "module" instead of an individual core. Each of the modules contain two cores that share certain resources such as L2 cache (while L1 cache is dedicated to each individual core). Now the reason behind calling a Bulldozer core and "interger core", is not quite clear to me either; whether it was a definition to emphasize the fact that it is a still a "real" core unlike Intel's HyperThreading is only my guess - integers = real numbers. Perhaps this is something that HWC can clarify for us on Wednesday, October 12 (2011).
Old October 11, 2011, 05:08 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Now the reason behind calling a Bulldozer core and "interger core", is not quite clear to me either; whether it was a definition to emphasize the fact that it is a still a "real" core unlike Intel's HyperThreading is only my guess - integers = real numbers.
I think that's a pretty good assumption. Intel has 4 cores with hyperthreading, so 4core/8threads, whereas bulldozer will be 4modules/8cores. So I think you're right, they call them integer cores to signify that when they say 8 cores, they mean 8 actual cores on the same die. There's a couple good diagrams showing it here: AMD Bulldozer and Intel Hyperthreading: two different roads for the same destination

The end performance might be the same as hyperthreading, I guess we'll have to wait for the reviews ;)
Old October 11, 2011, 06:12 AM
Allstar

Any word about availability at launch? They have kept real performance numbers pretty hush hush(besides pointless marketing slides) so I am thinking the retail chains don't have them.
Old October 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
Any word about availability at launch? They have kept real performance numbers pretty hush hush(besides pointless marketing slides) so I am thinking the retail chains don't have them.
Ya, and for a launch that is suppose to happen tomorrow. You would think AMD would have something on their site!!!!
Old October 11, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern88 View Post
Ya, and for a launch that is suppose to happen tomorrow. You would think AMD would have something on their site!!!!
NDA lifts tomorrow I don't know about launch lol
Old October 11, 2011, 11:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

potentially leaked review says Buldozer = fail. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352045
Closed Thread

Tags
amd , chart , fx-8150 , xtremesystems