Old December 1, 2011, 09:14 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

which days is it not launching on?
Old December 1, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What about Dec 1 through 31 (minus the 5th) and Jan 1-31? If only NDA didn't exist...SKYMTL would be able to clear the air of all the annoyances and rumors that rule the web.
Old December 1, 2011, 09:30 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesamess View Post
which days is it not launching on?
Without answering directly, let me put it to you logically.

According to rumors, press are being briefed in the next week or so.

If that is true, then normally leave 2-3 weeks for a review.

HOWEVER, this is Christmas time and 2 weeks brings us to the week of Christmas itself. AMD would be committing market suicide if they launch on the week of the 21st or the week of the the 28th. After that, who knows?

IN ADDITION, you cannot forget that TSMC's 28nm HP process for large die parts isn't even in volume production yet. Initial sampling of final wafers was in late Q2 2011 but in ramping up production takes months, not weeks. Plus, we have no idea how much (if any) trouble AMD or NVIDIA has had with yields at this point.

I think we can all be confident that something will be AVAILABLE in H1 2012. Past that, I expect there to be quite a few paper launches this time around. This is of course a new process, not a half node shrink like previously so the jury is still out regarding actual product hitting the shelves.
Old December 1, 2011, 11:03 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

That's good enough for me. Thanks Skymtl!

I think my upgraditis is subduing for the next few months.
Old December 1, 2011, 02:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

There is rumour that AMD will release info on the 7000 series Monday 5th DEC 11. Stay tuned folks!!!!!
Old December 1, 2011, 03:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern88 View Post
There is rumour that AMD will release info on the 7000 series Monday 5th DEC 11. Stay tuned folks!!!!!
Curious and anxious for it. Some sites (ones claiming GDDR5 mem and NOT the rambus stuff) are posting leaks of the specs. Not going to post the link here, but looks interesting. Will wait for the official release and hopefully some great reviews by Sky et. al to help base my GPU upgrade.
Old December 1, 2011, 03:26 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

What a miscommunication....

There are BRIEFINGS happening. All under NDA.
Old December 1, 2011, 04:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Without answering directly, let me put it to you logically.

According to rumors, press are being briefed in the next week or so.

If that is true, then normally leave 2-3 weeks for a review.

HOWEVER, this is Christmas time and 2 weeks brings us to the week of Christmas itself. AMD would be committing market suicide if they launch on the week of the 21st or the week of the the 28th. After that, who knows?

IN ADDITION, you cannot forget that TSMC's 28nm HP process for large die parts isn't even in volume production yet. Initial sampling of final wafers was in late Q2 2011 but in ramping up production takes months, not weeks. Plus, we have no idea how much (if any) trouble AMD or NVIDIA has had with yields at this point.

I think we can all be confident that something will be AVAILABLE in H1 2012. Past that, I expect there to be quite a few paper launches this time around. This is of course a new process, not a half node shrink like previously so the jury is still out regarding actual product hitting the shelves.

Thank you SKYMTL, at least we have you to trust when the rumors and other websites start fawning for hits....

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com